Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have $47,000 laying around that you don't know what to blow it on, and you really, really, like ugly motorcycles, do I have THE bike for you!...It's just waiting for you at the new Indian dealership in Sturgis, South Dakota...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel that it's pretty tough to 'improve' the appearance of the standard Chief by dumping stupid amounts of money into one in order to make it not look like the standard Chief. IMO, doing so can only create something that is less than what they started with.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Well, gotta chop that fender up so you can see the big custom wheel. Okay.

But what the hell did they do to the bag lids and what purpose does that serve?!

The seat looks stupid too :p

·
Registered
578 Posts
Looks like all of Dirtybird's stuff. Yuck! After looking at their website, I see about $3400 in parts plus paint, labor, and upholstery. Nope doesn't equal a $24,000 premium to me.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I've yet to see a modified or custom Indian Chief that didn't result in a bike that isn't something less than the original they started with. The Chief is such an incredibly good-looking and well-styled motorcycle to begin with that 'adding' much to it just visually wrecks the entire concept. This bike is a perfect example of that.

Polaris is now offering new two-tone colors for the 2015 models, and even though I'm a big two-tone fan, the bikes painted this way that I've seen just don't look 'right' to me, all the color combinations are from the same old, cliché, "happy Days' palette and all of them send this model over-the-top in the phony-balony and cartoonish, 'nostalgia' department.

The Indian Chief in the subdued burgundy red or 'classy' gloss black is about as visually good as this motorcycle model can get, IMO of course.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I've yet to see a modified or custom Indian Chief that didn't result in a bike that isn't something less than the original they started with. The Chief is such an incredibly good-looking and well-styled motorcycle to begin with that 'adding' much to it just visually wrecks the entire concept. This bike is a perfect example of that.

Polaris is now offering new two-tone colors for the 2015 models, and even though I'm a big two-tone fan, the bikes painted this way that I've seen just don't look 'right' to me, all the color combinations are from the same old, cliché, "happy Days' palette and all of them send this model over-the-top in the phony-balony and cartoonish, 'nostalgia' department.

The Indian Chief in the subdued burgundy red or 'classy' gloss black is about as visually good as this motorcycle model can get, IMO of course.
I really like the fenders, bags, seat, tank and big-ol' twin. Absolutely beautiful in red.

But, that fairing looks like something I had on my Huffy dirt bike in the 80s.
It leaves the impression of a pimple that needs to be popped.Xl'

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts