Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fellas, this might be fun, though a bit ambitious for many:D
It is a thought though (at least a starting point).
I am thinking sometime around mid-June as a start time.

http://mapq.st/1A1CfbC

P.S. It takes a few seconds for the map to load.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
kd, mudd on the wall is where things get started.. 57 from down under, or Cadana whatever, has time to burn and mite want to join in the fray. Seeing how he is gonna be loaded down with a trailer full 2 dozen cases of LaBlatt brewskis, mite be good to see watt his road agenda is. that way we can ambush him at earliest waypoint b4 the LBs suffer any serious damage due to pilferaging.

When all have chimed in with their "supposed" dream ride, the bigger the krowd the slower it moves. anybody can jump in or out when it best suits em.
As for waypoints or destinations, there be some worth putting on the maps. Personally, I dont ride much on Interstates or even Primary hiways if can be avoided. I'v wasted enuff of my life doing that. The back roads are where the Real America lives n breaths.
So its ez to bite off more than chewable for the time allotted. By self or w/one other, miles can be made. in a group you'll find that not to be true. too many reasons to stop and take a leak and/or pic.

The week b4 or after July 4th mite buy some of us a 10-11 day outing vs a standard 9 day week. These are thing that I consider when plotting a cross country rides. butt you gotta start somewheres. so mudd on the wall it is. poncho

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Well I know Canadian Dundee can find us because he runs these roads for a living, but I'm concerned our Cornhusker friends might get confused if we don't go by close to their casa. I'll bet they could find their way to the Cabelas parking lot in Sidney, Nebraska. :D :eek:
I was wondering the same thing about attaching to a holiday so we could save a vacation day, but wasn't sure if it would help anyone other than me.
Hey Ken, will your son be able to make this trip? Is it to early to know?
I agree Ponch, about the super slabs. Spent 6 hours yesterday and 6 hours today running to M I crooked letter state to visit family. No fun and the wind is a female dog. I did skirt around Jackson on the Natchez Trace. That was a pleasant change.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm concerned our Cornhusker friends might get confused if we don't go by close to their casa. I'll bet they could find their way to the Cabelas parking lot in Sidney, Nebraska. :D :eek:

Cabelas??? That a burrito joint? Nope, never heeeeard of it....:D

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Internet Gods must be messin' with us. I think Ponch might have accidentally ridden through an ancient internet burial/spirit grounds area on his last trip and they're hauntin' him. Yeah, that must be it.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Internet Gods must be messin' with us. I think Ponch might have accidentally ridden through an ancient internet burial/spirit grounds area on his last trip and they're hauntin' him. Yeah, that must be it.
pissed on a grave did I? if it had anything to do with this innernet then it needed pissin on... and freud said there are no accidents

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
It could have been the Outdoorsman God mad at Co0ter for insinuating Cabelas is a burrito shack....it was right after that when this thread disappeared...>:El:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Your turn Co0ter....go ahead, I've already checked...we still have two threads so if you make "The Gods" mad we still have a backup thread. :D :good:

·
Registered
560 Posts
It could have been the Outdoorsman God mad at Co0ter for insinuating Cabelas is a burrito shack....it was right after that when this thread disappeared...>:El:rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHAHAAA! WTH?????

See Zig, Just like I told ya! ok, now I don't have to feel bad anymore!:rolleyes:

I bLame Ponch0 tooo! :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
Your turn Co0ter....go ahead, I've already checked...we still have two threads so if you make "The Gods" mad we still have a backup thread. :D :good:
Two threads, that means, prolly gna end up with two routes and allllll hell gna break loose! OHHHH NELLY!

GAME ON!

·
Registered
560 Posts
:confused:

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
If anyone gets lost during the trip, my first guess is it will be Cooter.
can you 'magine he was gonna inner cept this rolling party somewheres in the boonies on the open prairie?
thas why we moved the pick up point to Dodge city. so we dont lose nobody,, erly on.. mebbe later in the week, mite sneak out at 4am.. butt he has the map and kno's wher to find us.. we will put him in middle of the pak, like them pakiderms do with the wee lil ones.. s'nott likely he go astray.. while riding. all betts are off when we hole up for the eve tho. poncho

·
Registered
560 Posts
If anyone gets lost during the trip, my first guess is it will be Cooter.

On two wheels one is NEVER lost, all roads go somewhere?!?

"Misplaced" sounds better then lost. Now Thats happened a time or two, and all ended well, ya stumble cross some neat chit along the way assidently...

Ponch0s heads up display works Purdy good, no complaints, but lotsa good stories from it!

Wth wrong with meeting up on da prairie? Plenty of places to tie up the mules

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Ok. Guys. What's going on now.
How come two threads about the same thing, and are we changing the route now? We already booked in to hotels etc. Do we have to un-book now? Please let me know what's up.

Thanks

·
Registered
894 Posts
B4 Poncho has a field day with this like the "who's on first" episode, this was the original tread that started it all, it was lost for a while and they started a new one, hence the first post of the other one. Sometimes any one of us would post a message on the original and create confusion, you're the latest casualty.
The right tread is the one with 500+ post on it, it turn me into a "senior member".

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Errr. So this is actually a clone thread. which is actually dead, and we are back on the original thread? Or is that one dead, and this is the new and official thread that to which we all have to bow? I am utterly confused. But than I am always confused, so nothing new.

·
Registered
894 Posts
This one is actually THE DEAD ONE, it just comes alive once in a while, so is not dead , it is a ZOMBIE TREAD.

You will notice the real one with the # of post, the other one has 500+ posts on it, including maps, plans and advice from Poncho.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Ok. Guys. What's going on now. Please let me know what's up.
so dr,, u never did respond affirmatively.. "who's on first"? and dont me give me "i dont kno".. is on third. poncho

1 - 20 of 46 Posts