Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a '13 Voyager non abs, there are 2 switches activated by the rear brake peddle. One is located under the rear brake master cylinder the other is mounted on the inside on the master cylinder mount. And yes I know, that one is the brake light switch. The other, I have no idea and they don't seem to have to work in conjunction with each other. I'm sure there are many gussers here that will know. I've stared at the wiring diagram so long, now I'm like a chameleon. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's possible and I thought on that. My thinking is that it is disengaged by a brake light switch on the r/handle bar along with the switch on the clutch handle, so why wouldn't it use the brake light switch on the brake peddle instead of a separate switch. Hard to second guess the logic in that. I'll concentrate on that area in the wiring digram

·
Registered
214 Posts
The upper switch is brake light and the switch under the floorboard is to deactivate the cruise control.
In most times, the cruise control wont engage, there is a little stone/dirt or something else blocking the switch.

Cu,
Sven

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Both brake switches, clutch switch will disengage the cruise. I disengage it just by slight back pressure on the clutch lever all the time.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You can also disengage it by rolling the throttle off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts