Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been blessed, and sometimes cursed, in having these two 1982 GPZ 1100's and their owners as customers of mine since about 1984. Kinda cool to have both of them in the shop at one time, BOTH now running and all fixed up!!

Not only are these skoots brothers, the guys that own them are brothers in blood and race, being African American.

The sound these old air cooled KZ motors make with a good 4-1 exhaust is pure heaven, nothing else sounds like it!!

RACNRAY

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
The GPZ's are way cool. Did I read that right and you've been working on those two specific bikes since the 80's? That's amazing.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The GPZ's are way cool. Did I read that right and you've been working on those two specific bikes since the 80's? That's amazing.
YES!! The owners came to the shop I was working at back in 1984. Besides normal maintenance I have pulled the head on one skoot due to overreving and bending exhaust valves, installing h.d valve springs and performing a 5 angle valve job. Had one skoot popping outa second gear, so pulling the engine to fix that and undercutting the gears.

Electrical gremlins. Kawi joins 3-4 wires in the wiring harness with solder or crimp connectors, these things get corroded and wreak havoc, stranding the skoot on the side of the road. ECU faliure which the owner found a local computer wizard who fixed that.

I started my shop in 1990 and the owners followed me. I am blessed to have faithful customers who entrust these classics to my shop.

RACNRAY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts