Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.) My wife rides a Classic LT and complains that the reach to the handlebars is a bit too far for her and causes stress and pain in her neck. She would like to have some risers or barbacks to bring her hands a bit closer to her without significantly raising the handlebars. Any suggestions?

2.) It's hot here in southern Idaho in the summer--90's lately, and will get hotter. My wife is very heat sensitive and complains about the amount of heat coming up from the pipes as well as the cylinders. Has anyone played around with some kind of heat deflectors. I know HD now has plastic heat deflectors they put on the Ultra and others in their touring line that are claimed to help. I know it can't be eliminated since it's part of the "nature of the beast," but perhaps something can be done to help, even a little bit. Anyone have any good ideas that work?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
1.) My wife rides a Classic LT and complains that the reach to the handlebars is a bit too far for her and causes stress and pain in her neck. She would like to have some risers or barbacks to bring her hands a bit closer to her without significantly raising the handlebars. Any suggestions?

2.) It's hot here in southern Idaho in the summer--90's lately, and will get hotter. My wife is very heat sensitive and complains about the amount of heat coming up from the pipes as well as the cylinders. Has anyone played around with some kind of heat deflectors. I know HD now has plastic heat deflectors they put on the Ultra and others in their touring line that are claimed to help. I know it can't be eliminated since it's part of the "nature of the beast," but perhaps something can be done to help, even a little bit. Anyone have any good ideas that work?

Thanks in advance.
1. A simple fix for me, Nomad, was to simply loosen the bars and roll them up a couple of degrees....I could now see around myself (mirrors) and the bars got a bit closer to me. They were way turned down from the dealer.
2. Funny the lt is hot, I never felt the heat yet, in fact, the fan rarely comes on. There is a post from racnray in the 1700 (SPEAKING OF hot!) section where he talks about his "mixture" for the cooling system. The guy owns a shop and knows what he is talking about. Also, a good synthetic definitely lowers operating temps. Perhaps these two simple maintenance suggestions could help her run a little cooler.
Peace and regards, SH.

·
Megatron
181 Posts
I just put Phatrisers on my 1500 Classic. THE BEST mod I've done so far! Pulled the bars maybe 2" closer to me and made all the difference in riding comfort!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts