Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd really like to hear these exhausts at cruising speed... idle isn't a very good indication when this bike will run at 5K RPM

·
Registered
494 Posts
I heard a KVS come up from behind and blow by me last Summer with a TBR installed.

I gotta agree with @VulcanHead...it was nothing more than an annoying loud drone to me...pointlessly loud and quite annoying.

If you just want a loud bike and don't care about the quality of the sound then I'd say to go for a TBR. But if you want something that sounds good, keep shopping.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Actually

I heard a KVS come up from behind and blow by me last Summer with a TBR installed.

I gotta agree with @VulcanHead...it was nothing more than an annoying loud drone to me...pointlessly loud and quite annoying.

If you just want a loud bike and don't care about the quality of the sound then I'd say to go for a TBR. But if you want something that sounds good, keep shopping.
Yeah , go with a Danmoto :devil2::devil2::devil2::devil2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I agree with VulcanHead. The Matador by Miller (German Made) is the best sounding and least annoying exhaust out there for the S. But unfortunately also one of the most expensive. I believe with the current exchange rates it is right around $900 Dollars shipped. But it is quality made and you can choose your finish and your style of exhaust tips. And it is Euro 4 compliant meaning it is pretty much legal everywhere :wink2:

https://www.motorradteile-zubehoer.de/epages/61126768.sf/en_US/?ViewObjectPath=/Shops/61126768/Products/schall_1541/SubProducts/schall_1541-0001

Current Price is 717.69 Euro plus shipping. Roughly $812 Dollars plus shipping. Just checked. Shipping is 76.95 Euro or roughly $87.00. Total: $899 shipped.

Which in all fairness isn't really that bad. I have an Akrapovic Exhaust coming for my Z900RS and it retails for around $800 dollars which I would never pay for but since it was a free promotion with bike purchase it is difficult to pass on it :grin2:

·
Registered
494 Posts
The Miller exhaust sure looks nice and I'll take your word on the sound but the price tag is steep for me.

When my son gets a job though maybe he'll want it.

Anyone have links to any videos or sound files for this one?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
The Miller exhaust sure looks nice and I'll take your word on the sound but the price tag is steep for me.

When my son gets a job though maybe he'll want it.

Anyone have links to any videos or sound files for this one?

See Post Nine of Mine :grin2: Also includes the only place where you can order it from to be sent to the United States.

·
Registered
904 Posts
The euro4 compliance adds to the price, for sure. But at least it’s compliant. It sounds really full & meaty! Adds to the engine grunt. I’d like the black with slashcut end.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Was looking at the Arrow website (Which sucks BTW, I clicked the state of MO and it gave info for some place in India) and they don't sell direct but through dealers. Where did you guys get yours, and how much was it? When did Mumbai get so near Wichita? lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Was looking at the Arrow website (Which sucks BTW, I clicked the state of MO and it gave info for some place in India) and they don't sell direct but through dealers. Where did you guys get yours, and how much was it? When did Mumbai get so near Wichita? lol
WRS in Italy has the best rates. Get the one listed for the 2014/2015 Vulcan S since it is cheaper because it isn't Euro 4 compliant meaning it doesn't have a Catalytic Converter which isn't necessary for the US market. The Rates at this time are $641.29 for the exhaust plus $56.67 shipping.

https://www.wrs.it/en/full-exhaust/63925-complete-exhaust-system-arrow-rebel-inox-fondello-carbonio-kawasaki-vulcan-s-650-2014-2015-8019799077607.html

·
Registered
62 Posts
WRS in Italy has the best rates. Get the one listed for the 2014/2015 Vulcan S since it is cheaper because it isn't Euro 4 compliant meaning it doesn't have a Catalytic Converter which isn't necessary for the US market. The Rates at this time are $641.29 for the exhaust plus $56.67 shipping.

https://www.wrs.it/en/full-exhaust/63925-complete-exhaust-system-arrow-rebel-inox-fondello-carbonio-kawasaki-vulcan-s-650-2014-2015-8019799077607.html
Thanks for the info! Do they accept American cards, or...? I've never bought anything in another currency

1 - 20 of 24 Posts