Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
This is a good book if you aren't familiar with it:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycling-Alabama-Loops-through-Heart/dp/0817355286[/ame]

I have a copy, but have only had time to ride one or two of the loops. You may also want to look at AL 69 from Tuscaloosa to Jasper, and check out some roads around Oakman. Riding through a National Forest in that area, even on paved roads, is usually fun, and you have Bankhead and Talladega each a couple of hours from you, in different directions. You could go to Sylacauga, ride north through the TNF to Heflin, turn around and ride back, stop for lunch at Cheaha State Park, and still get home before dark. You could also ride up to Florence and hop on the Natchez Trace Parkway. That may turn into an overnight or weekend trip, but you'd get to do the interesting part of that ride.

Have fun.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I can tell you, being from Jasper originally, try the run on 69 from Tuscaloosa up to Jasper, it's a great run. Was living in Texas several years ago, went home to Jasper and my roommate went with me, took him from Jasper down to show him the University and traveled 69 in my Cutlass S and afterwords he made me promise to take him back another way with way less hills and curves, i had hand prints on the dash when got down to the University. Several other good roads to the north and the East of Jasper and B'ham, take a look at a good map. Highway 5 Or even 195 have some really nice riding stretches on them also.

HalfBreed

·
Registered
7 Posts
hwy 69 from Jackson, Al to Coffeeville is curvy, if you like curves that is a fun ride. Nanafalia,al to Linden is also fairly curvy. Personally I like Curves so i enjoy these areas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts