Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to turn my 1700 voyager around 180 in the garage. There isn't much space to work. Is there any easy solutions other than multiple back and forth attempts?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
My only alternative is when my wife's car isn't parked - i pull in on her side an keep turning until I'm facing outward on my side. When her car is parked, it's the old back and forth.

If you want to learn how to properly pull a groin muscle, do the back and forth while there's a little oil puddle on the concrete! Ouch!

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Even though my bike is smaller there is no room to turn around so, I pull to a stop in front of the carport and walk backwards until I arrive at my parking spot.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Their item #95896 is rated at 1250 lbs. If you are handy you can probably make this. But at eighty bucks??? - and they are always "wheelin and deelin" internet coupons. I just bought a second motorcycle jack Saturday night off their website, it was $93.50 to the front porch. I feel your pain. I'm working on two bikes in my attached garage, I parked outside all winter in this new version of Switzerland called Ohio so I could finish the bikes and the wife's car ain't staying out period. Good luck...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even though my bike is smaller there is no room to turn around so, I pull to a stop in front of the carport and walk backwards until I arrive at my parking spot.
Not possible in my situation...long, narrow, up hill lane to garage...much easier to make multiple turns inside garage that backing up

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
98 Posts
I went with the Harbor Freight model 95896 and it works for me. Turn my 1700 around in the shed. I paid like $60 with a coupon a few years ago. Inexpensive way to solve the problem. There are a lot more options for a lot more money. Good Luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
I used to spin my old Honda 100 around by locking the front brake, tilting her far with one foot on the ground, full throttle and dumping the clutch. I could easily scoot the rear end around. You might try that. :)

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Just out of curiosity why do you need to have your bike facing out of the garage. If it is uphill when you pull in can't you pull to one side of the garage and when you go to leave let gravity roll you out backwards and turn? Just wondering because that is what I have to do when I park mine in my building.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Just out of curiosity why do you need to have your bike facing out of the garage. If it is uphill when you pull in can't you pull to one side of the garage and when you go to leave let gravity roll you out backwards and turn? Just wondering because that is what I have to do when I park mine in my building.
That's what I do.
I park my truck to the right side of the driveway and my wife parks to the left side of the driveway. (we will park her car in the garage in bad weather)

I back my bike out between them and as my rear tire clears the bed of my truck; I lock the bars full right. I end up at 90 to the driveway, so I can just ease out of the drive with a 1 pt U-turn.

Scott

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
That's what I do.
I park my truck to the right side of the driveway and my wife parks to the left side of the driveway. (we will park her car in the garage in bad weather)

I back my bike out between them and as my rear tire clears the bed of my truck; I lock the bars full right. I end up at 90 to the driveway, so I can just ease out of the drive with a 1 pt U-turn.

Scott
In the summer time, mine stays under the car port. I can drive in and drive out the other side. I don't have to deal with the backing out too awful much, but I am getting ready to buy a house with a 2 car garage, and that is what I will have to do there. Well It will be more a long the lines of a 1 car (wife's car), 1 bike and tool storage until I can get another storage/shop building built.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts