Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So..the stock turn signals bulb are poop
heck i can hardly see them myself in day light..
anyone here have experienced with maybe a bright led lights?
I dont really want to order stuff just so it will go straight to the garbage bin

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you put LED lights in, you have to change the flasher relay. The stock relay won't handle the lower resistance load of LED lights and gives you a "super fast" flash. You can buy brighter LED bulbs, just make sure the base is correct and the length will fit in the housing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just installed Superbrite LED turn signal bulbs today along with the new flasher. The difference is HUGE. They are 4 watt bulbs and indeed super bright. The stock 10 watt bulbs are really useless in the daylight.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wait did you need to replace the whole plastic turn singals thingy?
i cant see how do you even replace that bulb
The stock bulb has the BAU base and you simply push it in and turn it to release it. The LED bulbs have the exact same base. You simply line up the notches, push the bulb in and gently twist it to lock. You need to remove the single screw in the tail light housing to release the lens. The replacement was easy. I always use a little WD40 on the bulb socket end to help it get seated correctly.

The bulbs I referenced fit in the stock lens housing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you put LED lights in, you have to change the flasher relay. The stock relay won't handle the lower resistance load of LED lights and gives you a "super fast" flash. You can buy brighter LED bulbs, just make sure the base is correct and the length will fit in the housing.
Do you have a link for the relay?

You are saying four of those bulbs will be driven correctly with a replaced relay?

That would be really nice.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The stock bulb has the BAU base and you simply push it in and turn it to release it. The LED bulbs have the exact same base. You simply line up the notches, push the bulb in and gently twist it to lock. You need to remove the single screw in the tail light housing to release the lens. The replacement was easy. I always use a little WD40 on the bulb socket end to help it get seated correctly.

The bulbs I referenced fit in the stock lens housing.
great to know its easy replacement
i wanted to get them replaced a long time ago

and yes a link for the relay would be great

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nope. If you just lift up on the front of the tank you'll be able to get to it. I had a small chunk of 2"x4" I used to sit between the tank and frame to hold the tank up enough for me.
but you still need to release all the bolts?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 56 Posts