Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some quality turn signals that will fit on the OEM light bar I installed on my 2012 Nomad. First off I would say that for $400 this is the biggest piece of ...well, let's just say I am sorely disappointed in the quality. The turn signals are plastic, with plastic mounts for the bulb sockets. Both of the socket mounts have broken due to vibration (roads are not that bad where I live...) and that causes the ground wires to break. I have not had any luck yet in finding a replacement that I think will mount directly without some modification. If anyone has found anything that will work for this application, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks and ride safe!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm looking for some quality turn signals that will fit on the OEM light bar I installed on my 2012 Nomad. First off I would say that for $400 this is the biggest piece of ...well, let's just say I am sorely disappointed in the quality. The turn signals are plastic, with plastic mounts for the bulb sockets. Both of the socket mounts have broken due to vibration (roads are not that bad where I live...) and that causes the ground wires to break. I have not had any luck yet in finding a replacement that I think will mount directly without some modification. If anyone has found anything that will work for this application, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks and ride safe!
I concur with the quality of the turn signals. Have had to glue the plastic casings when they crack and re-solder the ground wires already. Unfortunately I haven't come across any replacements that probably wouldn't require heavy modifications. My main gripe currently though is that they are not very bright (or as bright as I would like them). I found it easier just to make extra custom LED signals myself and install them on the handlebars (for increased visibility). So at least if the crappy toy signals fail again I'll still be street legal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts