Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently acquired a 2000 VN800 which someone previous had installed LED signals onto. However, they did so poorly and without research so it still had the stock relay and did not blink. I replaced the relay and got the signals working as intended, however I'm unable to fashion a working indicator in the dash.

The OEM incandescent lamp doesn't work and causes my rear signals to blink together as warning lights and swapping in an LED causes the LED to only work for left or right, but not both. So far I've attempted wiring two LEDs together with opposite legs touching and I got what I wanted out of the indicator, but the rear signals still blink together so matter which way I turn.

Does anyone else have knowledge or a solution to this issue? Is there a part I can purchase to fix this? I have good electrical resources so fashioning something else without spending money would be preferable.

Thank you!

·
Registered
154 Posts
So I recently acquired a 2000 VN800 which someone previous had installed LED signals onto. However, they did so poorly and without research so it still had the stock relay and did not blink. I replaced the relay and got the signals working as intended, however I'm unable to fashion a working indicator in the dash.

The OEM incandescent lamp doesn't work and causes my rear signals to blink together as warning lights and swapping in an LED causes the LED to only work for left or right, but not both. So far I've attempted wiring two LEDs together with opposite legs touching and I got what I wanted out of the indicator, but the rear signals still blink together so matter which way I turn.

Does anyone else have knowledge or a solution to this issue? Is there a part I can purchase to fix this? I have good electrical resources so fashioning something else without spending money would be preferable.

Thank you!
All the factory circuit needs is an impedance of the proper amount where the old bulbs were. So, you could just wire a proper wattage resistor in parallel with each LED light to fake out the circuit. The biggest issue there is with the mounting underseat or in the rear fender.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was having the same issues for the most part but I fixed it by kind of breaking it some more I cut the wires going to the indicator and capped them off not a perfect fix but my signals work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts