Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 94 Kawasaki en500 and for some reason the turn signals won’t work. The front signals have the running light working. But no flash in front or rear. I changed out the flasher relay and that didn’t work. I checked wires and they all have continuity. Power to the switch is good and I opened to check for corrosion but that’s good also. And I checked to make sure all wires that need to grounded are grounded. Fuses are good too.
could it be my junction box?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
So it sounds like you have and can use a DMM if you checked wire continuity.
With the handlebar switch turn a signal on.
At the signal relay you should see power blinking.
If there go to the bulbs.
If not there then go to the junction box.
Its not a complicated setup. Just take your time and IF you can find a schematic even better.
Here's one but its hard to follow unless you print it out - Go to page 275

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. But I’m thinking it’s the junction box. But I did not change the bulbs in front. I figured the running light was working I will double check the bulbs. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Well yes try a new bulb, but what I was getting at is measure the voltage at the relay, then bulbs.
Finding a problem with electrical is seeing where it works and where is doesnt and zeroing in on where it doesnt work to find the problem.
Could be all bulbs re bad????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I have 2 wires going to my flasher relay. An Orange wire which goes to the turn signal switch ,
And a brown wire which leads to the junction box.
now with the key turned off I get 12volts for the brown wire. But when I turn the key the bolts drop way down to below 1volt
I think the junction box is bad ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guess what I got it. It took me about 5 hours but after checking the whole wire harness it turned out to be the switch. I was able to cut the three wires away and re- solder them back on. It works just great now. I did all that checking of the wire harness when I should of took the time to check the switch. That was my fault. Duh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts