Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first post just got my bike on sat. I will be posting pics when i get a better camera. As for now i just got a 07 vulcan 900 custom. And i have led on it. Wel anyway the signals dont work at all. I dont know what it is. They dont even light up or anything on the gauge. I think it might be a fuse or something. If someone has a manuel or can tell me what to do i would reall appreciate it plz

Thank you

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well, here is some help

Yes I think you are correct, its is likely a fuse.

So since you don't have a manual (they can be acquired from

http://www.repairmanualworld.com/kawasaki-vulcan-900-vn900-classic-service-repair-man.html ),

The fuse block is hidden under the right side cover.

To remove the side cover:

Remove the seat, and the screw that retains the side cover, (its kind of hidden a bit). Looking down you should be able to see two screws on the right side, one holds the tool box/battery cover in, and the other retains the side cover. Just remove the side cover screw.

The side cover is mounted in rubber grommets. Remove by working it out of the grommets, and there is the fuse block.

I think it is a 10 amp fuse, but not sure.

Good luck,

Andy

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i checked all the fuses everything was good. I dont know whats going on with the signals. I think the signal thing that u push is broken itself. Might be goin to the dealer ask them if they can do something

·
Registered
209 Posts
i checked all the fuses everything was good. I dont know whats going on with the signals. I think the signal thing that u push is broken itself. Might be goin to the dealer ask them if they can do something
Both front turn signals should come on as running lights when you turn the ignition on, even with the engine not running. This should be true even if the turn signal switch is bad. The connections for the turn signals/running lights are inside the headlight bucket, the rear turn signals connect to connectors that resides in the front of the tool box (under the seat).

The running lights should be lit even with a bad signal switch, or a bad flasher/relay.

Its a real long shot, but check the bulbs. Hard to believe that all four bulbs are bad at once. :confused:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks shiloh, Well im just going to take it to the dealer tommrow. It kind of sucks i just got this bike, and the weather is starting to be nice. And i have to take it to the dealer. I hope they can fix it in a couple of hours. But yea i should get my camera tommrow so if i get it pics will be on soon thank you

·
Registered
397 Posts
Were the turn signals working when you first bought the bike? Did you get it from a dealer? If so, I should think they ought to stand behind it and make it right. It sure seems like it should just be a fuse problem to have them all go out at once like that. Or, as you say, the turn signal switch is a possibility too. Puzzlement.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i bought it from a guy from san antonio. And i figured it was just a loose wire or something. so i tried to fix it but i tried everything and nothing. Well im going to kawasaki in the morning. And they told me since its an electrical problem its 85 per hour. So i dont know how much there going to end up charging me. Im hoping in like 3 hours.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Led"s

yea he had led signals on them. and no wheres is the flasher at.

Not Stock Turn Signals/ No Flasher. Well a flasher would be a start for sure. With LED's you will probably need a difference Flasher than the stock flasher as the LED draw much less current. This should be the correct one:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/CF13JL-02.html

A phone call to the prior owner as to may be in order for a little info.

:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
yeah i took it to the dealer and payed bout 160 to fix it
Did the shop tell you what they found? I know you got it fixed but Im in a similar situation myself. The running lights will work for the front, but I have not signal indicator, or signals. Same symptoms?

cheers,
kyle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts