Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got some mirrors with the integrated turn signals and have been trying to wire them up. Has the Grey, orange, green wires coming off the switch and I've figured out which ones are left and right but when I come off the switch and wire them up it doesn't cancel. I'm wondering if 1. the LED's aren't pulling enough juice and need a resister or 2. I need to come out of the light bucket with the signals. Does anyone have the wiring schmatic? Or know what wires are what? I bought the bike with no signals what-so-ever and put bullet lights on the back no problem but the pig tails were under the fender. The fronts are gone completely.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Intrested in this thread. Hope others chime in.
I'de like to know the answer as well just for knowledge
As I will soon be installing duel circuit led lights up front.
I'll put my money down on the Resister solution.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wait no longer Paul I figured it out. I pulled the headlight out and found two, three wire connectors (my bike came to me with no signals) that I figured were the ends to the factory blinkers so they would have already gone through the flasher. I carefully stuck the wires back into the connector to see if I could get power and did, they flashed, they cancelled and they're also running lights soooo I just have to get enough wire to get to the headlight bucket and some shrink wrap to protect them and it should be good to go. I was hoping to just jump off the switch so I wouldn't have a little wire showing but I can run it along the handle bar with the other wire loom and it shouldn't stick out too much.

·
Registered
445 Posts
So it was that simple... Good.
But what about the flash rate when the signal is activated ?
Doesn't it blink fast ? Aren't we supose to intall those load equalizers
when swapping to LED ?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it was that simple.
Believe it or not, the hardest part was finding heat shrink tubing on a roll to cover the wires. I wanted everything to be black and give the wires some extra protection. I bought some male/female connectors and piggy backed off the factory plugs just in case I ever wanted to plug something else in. Also, if I ever need to take these off it will be easier to unplug than unsplice. I did run into a small problem after they were on, seems one of the solders in the light came undone. Just had to unscrew the back with two screws and re-solder it. I also worried about the flash rate but maybe with it having five LED's it's pulling enough load? Don't really know but it flashes with the rear and I'm satisfied with them. I'll try and snap a pic later and post it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts