Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 0I9 900 Classic Lt. I seem to have trouble getting the turn signal to cancel. Most of the time I have to push it several times and always have to check visually to see if the light on the tank panel is still flashing. Just wondering if it is a common problem. Anyone else out there had this problem? If so what did you do to fix it?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have a 0I9 900 Classic Lt. I seem to have trouble getting the turn signal to cancel. Most of the time I have to push it several times and always have to check visually to see if the light on the tank panel is still flashing. Just wondering if it is a common problem. Anyone else out there had this problem? If so what did you do to fix it?
Yes I have had that problem with my 09 Classic. I use something called Dry lub. I spray it into the switch and then wait for several minutes for the alcohol content to dry. I have tried WD-40 with negative results. Give this a try. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/CRC0/06114.oap?pt=N0416&ppt=C0139

·
Registered
224 Posts
Had it happen on my 06 a couple times,usually happens shortly after it's been in the rain for awhile.Wd-40 did work for me,just sprayed it in the housing behind switch and worked the switch back and forth a few times and worked fine

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions. I found some contact spray that I am going to try first. If no luck will try wd-40 since I have that and then the dry lube last since I have to buy that. It has done this since day one off the showroom floor. Dealer is about 80 miles away so next run in that direction may stop in and see what they have to say about it.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I found some contact spray that I am going to try first. If no luck will try wd-40 since I have that and then the dry lube last since I have to buy that. It has done this since day one off the showroom floor. Dealer is about 80 miles away so next run in that direction may stop in and see what they have to say about it.
Harry, you've got the right ingredients but in the wrong order. Use the WD40 first. This will displace any moisture in the switch. Second, spray the contact cleaner to get rid of the WD40. Last, use the dry lube, or any good quality spray lubricant, to make sure the parts keep moving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts