Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a used Meanstreak for my wife and this inquiry isn't limited to this bike alone as I noticed similar issues with a 900 Custom.
The rubber mountings for the turn signals are shit, they degrade, crack and fall apart.
What are some of you out there using as replacements?
Looking at an LED integrated rear lamp/signal unit for the rear but wondering what to do for the front.
I'd like to put a fairing/shield on for her and if there is one with integrated lamps built in that would be ideal.
Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on guys, SERIOUSLY!!!!

I've purchased a universal fit light bar with LED driving and turnsignals installed. I'll have to make an adapter plate to mount under the headlamp to attach it.

For the rear I can go with an LED integrated taillamp/turnsignal combo or something else. I'll figure that out later once I have bags mounted. That's another issue all by itself.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I used these.. They're a little smaller than stock (still over 2"), and the rubber mount is thick and stout. Nothing fancy, but they work.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the reply. Probably work for the rear. The front on a Meansteak are rubber clamp that wraps around the fork tube with a channel for the wires to wrap around and exit. The light bar I've ordered will take care of that at that end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts