Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, how do I get the plastic signal housing off the post it's on (rear)? I've got the big phirrips screw off the back. I took the lens off to see if the answer was in there. Nope. Whats' the key? Twist harder?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I have not taken them off the back, it's just a thought, would the wires be pulled to tight to pull it off easier. would you need to create some slack under the fender in the wiring. Like I said, just a thought. No actual experience.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not taken them off the back, it's just a thought, would the wires be pulled to tight to pull it off easier. would you need to create some slack under the fender in the wiring. Like I said, just a thought. No actual experience.
Thanks for the advice, but there is some slack. and besides, it should still be able to turn (it can't). I wouldn't mind just breaking them, but there's someone looking for donor organs.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Thanks for the advice, but there is some slack. and besides, it should still be able to turn (it can't). I wouldn't mind just breaking them, but there's someone looking for donor organs.
I like keeping all my parts for when the time comes to possibly get rid of the bike. I usually strip it down to stock form and sell off the parts, or "sweeten" the deal when some one come to buy it. Throwing in "Extra" stuff helps lighten to mood of the deal anyway. I had my front ones off not too long ago and I thought that they had flat spot you had to line up and so they wont twist. I could be wrong. Like I said I had the front ones off ONCE. They also had an o-ring to seal them on the bar too.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Don't know if they're the same, but I removed one from my Voyager once. It pulled straight off, but I had to put pliers (lightly) around the stalk with a rag under the teeth and hammer gently to get it to budge. Took about 10 minutes of steady work to get it pulled off the end without doing any damage. You have enough slack in the wires to pull it off, but none to spare.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Change of plans. I just relocated the signals up on the fender. Kinda nerve wracking drilling holes in the fender and having faith they're in the right spot.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Bill, THe rear signal are mounted on an O ring, but you cannot rotate the housing 360. It will only turn a few degrees, but if you wiggle back & forth while pulling, it will slide off.
YOU can squirt a few drops of WD-40 or dish soap into the joint to help a bit , but it does just PULL OFF !
The wires run through the middle of the housing & then into the mount. Identify how much "slack" you have in the wiring, under the fender, so that when it POPS off you dont tear your wires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts