Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the "Cobra Turn Signal/ License Plate Relocator kit" for the MeanStreak will fit the 900 Custom? I know that some of the Meanstreak parts will fit a 900 Custom but I can't tell looking at the directions for this one.

I like the look of this plate and hate the plastic look of stock licence plate and rear markers.

View attachment 1250

Attachments

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I recommend emailing Cobra directly. I emailed some questions about their backrest/luggage racks, and they actually CALLED me back within just a few hours! Once ya find out, let us know! :)

BTW, nice color of custom! EVERYONE knows red is faster!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't know the answer but that does look good. I have the Cobra side mount kit on my 900 Custom and I remember reading it fit multiple bikes. Not sure if that one does.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I like the look too but where is the plate light. I'm pretty sure you need a light to pass state inspection.
Looking carefully at the picture, there's a lip protruding over the top of the plate. I'm sure the light is hidden in there.

Going to try and find this on Cobra's website at home tonight, and shoot them an email about fitment.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Actually 2 answers here...

1) Where's the light? The part description shows this: "No license plate light included. We recommend one of the Radiantz license lights shown below."

2) Where can I get one? *SIGH* Unfortunately, it also shows that this accessory has been discontinued.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My side mount has the light built into the license frame - very bright light. Don't know about other states but Texas requires a license plate light.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
This thred is getting a little old but thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth. This is what I ended up with. All from ebay. the turn signal have anber bulbs and the plate fram has 6 led's.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's not one item. I bought the plate holder and the turn signals on ebay. Then I removed every thing from the current hanger. Relocated the plate bracket as high as I could get it, then cut off the part of the hanger that I didn't need. wired the tag holder LED's to the old plate lamp wires. And replaced the turn signals. An hour or so. Easy thing to do. I think a piece of chrom tank trim on the fender just above the tag may set it off.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The turn signals are not LED's. They have amber bulbs in them. You only need a load equalizer if you are replacing your turn signals with LED's so the blink will not be so fast.

The plate frame has 6 white LED's built in it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts