Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 08 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt and I'm trying to figure which tuner to go with. I bought the bike used back in October and the only engine mod that I know of being on this bike is a set of Cobra longs exhaust. I'm getting quite a bit of popping and I've been told by a few riders that a tuner will decrease this if not stop it completely. Open for suggestions if anyone can help me with this. Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'd look at 'marbling' your recirulatory air hoses before spending the money on a tuner. (unless your planning on putting an after market air intake, or modding the stock box)

Basically, you take the black hose at the top of each cylinder and clog it up with a wire nut, or marble so that air cannot pass through it.

Some of us have completely deleted the hoses and capped of the vents with (3) 1/2" rubber vacuum caps. One on each cylinder and one on the top hold of the sock air box.

If you remove/delete the valve itself, you will also need to put a 22ohm 5watt resistor in the electrical connector to keep the FI light off.
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140753
(yes, the thread is fora the VN2000, but the same applies for the 900)

I'd try this out first. Just might solve the popping sounds for less than $5.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts