Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit, confused. My manual calls for a Dunlop tubeless tire, front and rear. I have an 09 Classic. Hoping above hope this bike indeed has no tubes!

·
Registered
18 Posts
If it has spoked wheels then it most likely has tubes. Most spoked wheels aren't designed to hold air so they require tubes. There's just too many holes (where every spoke attaches). I'm sure some one makes spoked rims that do hold air and are tubeless. But they would be more expensive so I don't think they'd come stock on any bike.

There are articles on how to seal them so that you can go tubeless. And many people claim it works fine. But it takes several days for the sealant to dry and then you have to be cautious that you don't have a leak for a week or two. But they say that wants you determine you don't have any leaks they'll hold up for a long time.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Does anyone still make tires for tubes ? Or is it likely they just stick tubes in tubeless tires ?

The easiest way I can think to to check is to look at the valve stem, does it have a sealing rim ?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Stock rims with spokes require a tube. Forget about tube tires. Get a good tubeless, throw in a tube and go riding. If you want to go tubeless, there is a company or two out there who will prep your rims for running tubeless, but you have to send them your rims. Your other option is aftermarket custom wheels which are not cheap by any means.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for clearing that up!
Regards, Silent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts