Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Vulcan Vigilantes,

Hope you could provide some insight on a couple questions related to tube replacement:

First, can I use heavy-duty tubes (eg. motocross, enduro, etc) for my cruiser? It is the correct size and everything, just not sure whether this would/could be an issue.

Secondly, is it problematic for me to use two different types of tubes. I have two different kinds--a Vee Rubber TR-4 Heavy Duty Tube for the front and a standard (not H-D) Bridgestone 140/90-15 PV78 for the rear.

I just bought new Michelin Commander II front and rear tires for my '07 Vulcan 500 and I figured I ought to buy new tubes to accompany them, but I had a little difficulty tracking down compatible, that were appropriately sized, tube types/brands. Hope this all makes sense, and as always, thanks for the help!

Tru

·
Registered
953 Posts
I would think that as long as the tubes held air they would be fine, regardless of brand. No real reason to install new tubes unless the old ones are damaged. Ride safe!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would think that as long as the tubes held air they would be fine, regardless of brand. No real reason to install new tubes unless the old ones are damaged. Ride safe!
+1, as long as the tube and liner is okay I see no need to replace them. Manufactures say you should change them when you change tires but..I think we know were that stems from.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not asking whether or not I should change the tubes--I'm doing that because I want to. I'm simply looking for a response to the aforementioned questions, nothing more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear trucombs,

KenDawg has just replied...

..."A rude reply to those trying to help is not required, nor expected. Read the responses, they answer your question."

KenDawg,

My response was only as "rude" as yours was condescending. Read the questions, they transcend your answer. Let it go, your angst is not required, nor expected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts