Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use or have ever used the Tsukayu Fairing? They look super nice. I was planning on purchasing a Memphis Shade batwing fairing but I noticed these are a bit more money but have sound already built in.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I recently installed one of their BW's and love it. I stall have to tweak the shims and mounts a bit to better fit my liking but overall it's been a good purchase.

Below are links to the images I have posted:

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
In the top picture you can see a decent sized gap in above the headlight.

When I installed it it was getting late and I was running out of daylight. I was more focused on getting it installed and functional. I have to go back and adjust the provided shims so that it is better centered on the headlight. In addition ther is an small amount of angle adjustment that can be done on the mounts that will help close the gap above the headlight.

I am hoping to get to it this weekend as I have to replace my brake pads for the state inspection anyways.

As long as you properly select your year/make/model on ordering you will get the mounting system with the fairing. The instructions are not the greatest tho. The main item that I had a slight difficulty figuring out was the top bracket for the mount. The instructions point to the holes in the bracket and say "handle bar bolts." It did not state if it was to mount on the top of the fork cross bar or underneath. It's underneath in case you were wondering.

When I do get a chance to do my adjustments I will have to remove the fairing to redo the shims. I plan on taking pictures of the mounting system and posting it to aid anyone else that is looking at this option.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

maybe its just the optics ... or my eyes, but the headlight opening does not look wide enough for the fairing to sit far enough down.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts

maybe its just the optics ... or my eyes, but the headlight opening does not look wide enough for the fairing to sit far enough down.
It's the angle the picture was taken. There is about 1/4" on one side (right) and 1/2" on the other (left). This is part of the fine tuning I am hoping to do this weekend to better center the fairing on the light and angle it sits at. All are adjustments built into the provided mounting system.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Is yours the one with the included stereo equipment or did you add your own? How does it sounds on the highway?

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Is yours the one with the included stereo equipment or did you add your own? How does it sounds on the highway?
It came with the radio, speakers and wiring pre-installed. At low speeds it sounds real good. If I use the SDHC slot or Aux port and play MP3's I can hear the music at speeds up to 65 with little issue. The radio seems lower in actual volume even tho the settings are the same so at higher speeds the radio is harder to hear. I am satisfied with it so far.

WARNING: I ordered mine the weekend before Bike Week in Daytona. I took them just over 3 months to get it to me. It arrived the week after Memorial Day. They claimed it was due to Bike week delaying production. It shipped from hong Kong so I am skeptical about that excuse. But it is here now and I am happy.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
do you have any plans to paint the fairing and bag to match the factory two-tone color scheme?
I've wrestled with this myself, with bags and a trunk. It's about the same price to do those accessories in a two tone as it is to paint the whole bike a solid color!

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
do you have any plans to paint the fairing and bag to match the factory two-tone color scheme?
Thats a loaded question. When I bought the bike in '07 I really liked the two-tone black scheme they had. However, those were on back order. The Drive shaft on my 750 was failing (long story) and I didn't want to wait. They found a crated red two-tone the next state over and could have it transported, assemled and sodl to me within the week. I went with the red, even tho I prefered the black. So ya, I have always had plans to repaint from the stock.

Before I do anything I want to replace the stock soft bags with some hard bags.

That being said, I have no immediate plans to repaint anything. I am more about function than form. I don't mind rust and dirt and mismatched colors as long as everything is running. I don't have a garage. The bike, when covered, sits under a clam shell (http://www.cycleshell.com/) or a basic cover (need a new one since adding the trunk). It has developed some rust spots over the years. If I had a garage I may develope a different attitude in the future, but for now, I am ok with it the way it is.

Once I either buy a different house with a garage or build one onto my current house, I might get a second newer 900 and configure it the same and have it repainted the way I want. Or just upgrade to the Voyager and use this 900 for my daily commutes and the Voyager for the sunny day fun rides. We will see, that is still a few years away. Either way a custom paint job on this 900 or another will be forthcoming, I just need a structure to actually help protect it once it's done.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Also, I did not get to adjust the fairing this past weekend so no update pictures, weather and work kept me from accomplishing this task.

·
Registered
27 Posts
they most make these fairing custom oder . I placed an order may 11th and there was still a backlog on them. I went with the 6.5 speakers though is the only difference. To ne it looks like there is only a couple of inches between the 6x9's and the radio. But each is their own. I just wish the DANG thing would hurry up and get here!!!!

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
they most make these fairing custom oder . I placed an order may 11th and there was still a backlog on them. I went with the 6.5 speakers though is the only difference. To ne it looks like there is only a couple of inches between the 6x9's and the radio. But each is their own. I just wish the DANG thing would hurry up and get here!!!!
When mine was taking so long I conversed with them on several occassions. They hand lay the fiberglass. This can take some time. Then there is the primer, paint and clear coat steps. Finally it gets assembled. I do not know if they bulk primer and paint or if the booth is a single unit only (maybe for the color matching). The hangup for me was the fiberglass. It appears that when mine was ordered they were backlogged at the initial step and it took a while to get mine even started.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also, I did not get to adjust the fairing this past weekend so no update pictures, weather and work kept me from accomplishing this task.
Do you have an updated picture yet? Seems we are all anxious to see how it comes out - how big of a gap, etc... Looks good in the meantime. I am planning on ordering mine with the GPS system - but have to figure out how to get the tach that came on my bike when I bought it (mounted to the forks) and replace it with something else that will not be in the way of the radio...

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Do you have an updated picture yet? Seems we are all anxious to see how it comes out - how big of a gap, etc... Looks good in the meantime. I am planning on ordering mine with the GPS system - but have to figure out how to get the tach that came on my bike when I bought it (mounted to the forks) and replace it with something else that will not be in the way of the radio...
Sorry, has been a long few weeks attempting to sell a piece of real estate, on-call activities at work and cage repair issues. Just haven't been able to fit it in yet. Luckily this weekend is 100% free of work and personal obligations. Hopefully the weather will hold out and I can work on it Saturday. If I can't get to it I will post better pictures to my profile gallery of the current setup.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Sorry, has been a long few weeks attempting to sell a piece of real estate, on-call activities at work and cage repair issues. Just haven't been able to fit it in yet. Luckily this weekend is 100% free of work and personal obligations. Hopefully the weather will hold out and I can work on it Saturday. If I can't get to it I will post better pictures to my profile gallery of the current setup.
Apologies, work and weather kept me away from doing any work. Hoping to get to it sometime this week.

·
Registered
27 Posts
fairing

Finally got mine in and on the bike last week!! love it . Need to get a taller windshield for it before fall and a 3 bag windshield bag. I'll post some pics of mine later on. Had a bike shop install mine since I want they placed the order for me. But looked fairly easy to install. I can hear the speakers at65-70 mph.
got a lot of cooments on it also. as for the head light there is only 1/2 in cap between and the fairing.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Finally got mine in and on the bike last week!! love it . Need to get a taller windshield for it before fall and a 3 bag windshield bag. I'll post some pics of mine later on. Had a bike shop install mine since I want they placed the order for me. But looked fairly easy to install. I can hear the speakers at65-70 mph.
got a lot of cooments on it also. as for the head light there is only 1/2 in cap between and the fairing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts