Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello 900 riders! I've been looking online for awhile. Yes, I know how google works ^_^ Any help to find some of the turn signal lenses I'm looking for? Thank you Vulcan riders!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Personally, I think putting on blacked out lenses is a bad idea. We deal with reduced conspicuous as it is, and reducing the light output of the turn signals, or any other lights on a motorcycle, IMO, it not a good thing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello 900 riders! I've been looking online for awhile. Yes, I know how google works ^_^ Any help to find some of the turn signal lenses I'm looking for? Thank you Vulcan riders!
I second the Custom Dynamics comment. That's where I got mine!
I've got the link in my signature down below.
Don't forget to paint the screw heads black before putting them on.... really finishes the look off.
As well as amber bulbs..... I boneheaded that after getting them in the mail.:eek:

·
Banned
148 Posts
Personally, I think putting on blacked out lenses is a bad idea. We deal with reduced conspicuous as it is, and reducing the light output of the turn signals, or any other lights on a motorcycle, IMO, it not a good thing.
Which is why it is, stricktly speaking, an illegal modification.
Not that it probably would be enforced......but it could be.....and is in some locations.

·
Registered
75 Posts
what place are you guys getting your smoked break light at? I couldn't find it on the site listed above.
This thread has been about turn signals, not taillights......but.....
I did get a smoked taillight with a LED board that has integrated turn signals as well here --> Smoked Taillight & LED Board
Now keep in mind it ships out of China, but it only took about 20 calendar days to get it, and it came with all the hardware, and a turn signal relay to slow the blink rate if you are dropping the rear signals. If you keep them the they won't blink fast. I have it installed with absolutely no problems. Ummm, did I mention way cheaper than anywhere else, never mind coming with the LED board?

Not that it probably would be enforced......but it could be.....and is in some locations.
I know there is nothing in the British Columbia laws about smoked lenses, but that's just here.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
It is illegal, technically, but for me, it's more of a safety issue. People drive like motorcycles don't exist, and anything that tends to our visibility on the road is a real safety concern. The smoked lenses look cool, no doubt, but motorcycle turn signals aren't always all that bright and easy to see, especially when it's bright out and the sun is shining on them. So I'm not for anything that dims the lights.

Does look cool, though, I'll admit. So does riding without a helmet, but...........!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Do the amber lenses allow more light through than the clear/smoked lenses?

My 900 had the triple whammy.
It turned the rear turn signals into brake/running lights. So my rear turn signals used clear/smoked lenses and colored bulbs.

When checking my lights; I never noticed a difference in light output.

Scott

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think this all has to do with where you are.
There is no law in my province against having smoked lenses.
Also, rear turn signals don't have be amber, they are allowed to be red.

Just be aware of your local laws.
I would love to have a side mounted vertical plate holder, but getting a $240 fine for having a vertical plate isn't worth it for me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I found that site to, Sojourner, but it was a little pricey, and the shipping to Canada was crazy. That's why I picked Custom Dynamics for the turn signals, way cheaper, and the eBay seller for the taillight. For not much more than the cost of the taillight from Motolume, I got the lens and the integrated turn signal LED board. That's the price of it and the shipping. Shipping from Motolume was almost the same cost as the product!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts