Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the new owner of a 2014 900 classic LT and I am wanting to put new pipes on it, preferably VH. I can't seem to find a direct fit and was wanting to go with the slash cut staggered, part number 18397. Can anyone recommend or help with a nice loud exhaust for this bike? Will I need a tuner to remap the fuel injection? Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Don't quote me on it, but as far as I know, nothing has changed from 2006-2014 for the 900. You don't need one specific to your year.

For mapping, apparently the general advice is the exhaust alone is ok without, but if you change the intake, you should have a power commander or similar.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 2009 that I just put the slash cut staggered on and they sound amazing. I also believe that nothing has changed in 2014 in regards to the fitment

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drilled out the baffles and it sounds a little better at low rpms, but now there is some popping on decel.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had also debaffled my pipes but its no comparison to v&h. For popping look for posts for marbling.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would that marbling trick work even for the 2014? I have also been using 89 octane gas and I'm sure that doesn't help.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also was wondering what would happen if I drilled a good size hole into the catalytic converter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
New Pipes

I installed the Vance & Hines slash cut staggereds about a month ago on my 2013. They look and sound great. You do not have to do anything with the fuel management if you only change the pipes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have no backfiring or popping at all? Where is the best place to get them? I found Ebay has them cheapest for $413.00

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know you were talking VH but I have the cobra slashdown and think they sound great, i also get tons of complements so know it's not just me loving my own bike. I have no fuel management and no backfiring on deceleration.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went ahead and did the marbling trick and it cut down the popping significantly, still have about 3/4 tank full of 89 octane though so next fill up will be just regular 87, should eliminate it all together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts