1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Dunno, but the VN2K problem is it is rather small in production numbers. There is not an abundance of choices in things that require specific fitment to the model.

I have the Cobra Fatties, but I bought them used with a couple scuffs on them from someone else's tip over insurance replacement.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I got the Fatty because it goes all the way across at the bottom. My first V2K was totaled by a clean out cover that popped up and cracked my crankcase. It wouldn't have happened with the Fatty. If your bike's a '04, you'll have to relocate the Rectilator®. That's the reason they say it's for '05 and later.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
425 Posts
I got the Fatty because it goes all the way across at the bottom. My first V2K was totaled by a clean out cover that popped up and cracked my crankcase. It wouldn't have happened with the Fatty. If your bike's a '04, you'll have to relocate the Rectilator. That's the reason they say it's for '05 and later.
Bill, ever since that happened to your bike, I've been paranoid about those stupid things, I give em a wide birth now I told the wife about the situation, so she does the same while riding her bike

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KYFGGAO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame] I bought these, the only problem was that the left side hardware is weak. I had to buy some longer bolts and make spacers for it. Maybe I just got some bad bolts with it?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Bill, ever since that happened to your bike, I've been paranoid about those stupid things, I give em a wide birth now I told the wife about the situation, so she does the same while riding her bike

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk
I still go by that thing every day on my way home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts