Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay everyone, I know I wasn't alone in my search for good info concerning the iPod/iPhone connector for the Voyager. I went ahead and took the risk and made the purchase...it came UPS today.

I must say, I am PLEASANTLY surprised. Let me answer the questions I had (and the ones I am sure others have as well).

Does it work with iPhone 4? Absolutely - perfectly.

Does it charge while playing your music? Absolutely - perfectly.

Does it display your song/artist on display of receiver and allow you to control your iPhone via handlebar controls? Absolutely - perfectly.

Can you run your navigation/GPS program in background so that it will momentarily interrupt music to give you voice prompt audio navigation? Absolutely - perfectly.

Can you get out of accessory mode and listen to MOG or Spotify or Pandora or another streaming music service? Absolutely - perfectly.

Is the black rubber protector that comes with it worth the time to make modifications to make it work? - Absolutely NOT! Throw it away.

This adaptor works great with iPhone people! I am so happy to have mine and am looking forward to the next long ride where GPS and music will be blaring while battery charging.

Good luck! Feel free to offer questions here...i have no problem helping you get yours working if you are not the most technically inclined...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Okay everyone, I know I wasn't alone in my search for good info concerning the iPod/iPhone connector for the Voyager. I went ahead and took the risk and made the purchase...it came UPS today.

I must say, I am PLEASANTLY surprised. Let me answer the questions I had (and the ones I am sure others have as well).

Does it work with iPhone 4? Absolutely - perfectly.

Does it charge while playing your music? Absolutely - perfectly.

Does it display your song/artist on display of receiver and allow you to control your iPhone via handlebar controls? Absolutely - perfectly.

Can you run your navigation/GPS program in background so that it will momentarily interrupt music to give you voice prompt audio navigation? Absolutely - perfectly.

Can you get out of accessory mode and listen to MOG or Spotify or Pandora or another streaming music service? Absolutely - perfectly.

Is the black rubber protector that comes with it worth the time to make modifications to make it work? - Absolutely NOT! Throw it away.

This adaptor works great with iPhone people! I am so happy to have mine and am looking forward to the next long ride where GPS and music will be blaring while battery charging.

Good luck! Feel free to offer questions here...i have no problem helping you get yours working if you are not the most technically inclined...
have you actually taken a ride while listening to Pandora or another app? unless they fixed this, it will kick you out of those modes and back to your i pod. it does work temporarily (about 3 minutes or so). that's just mine anyway

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have you actually taken a ride while listening to Pandora or another app? unless they fixed this, it will kick you out of those modes and back to your i pod. it does work temporarily (about 3 minutes or so). that's just mine anyway
Justin:
Yes, it does work. Try it this way: 1. put vulcan in "N" and start her up. 2. Turn on receiver. 3. plug in iPhone4. 4. when it recognizes it and goes to accessory mode, hit home button, find MOG or Pandora or similar app and open it and play your list, etc. After 30 seconds or so, it'll force it back into iPod mode. 5. Go back to the MOG, Pandora, or whatever app and hit play again. Now the iPod will be over-ridden and you can listen to your app for as long as you would like.

It may sound like a lot, but really it's not. It takes me all of a minute maybe to get it set up and stored in the glovebox to play my MOG playlists on the road.

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
369 Posts
Justin:
Yes, it does work. Try it this way: 1. put vulcan in "N" and start her up. 2. Turn on receiver. 3. plug in iPhone4. 4. when it recognizes it and goes to accessory mode, hit home button, find MOG or Pandora or similar app and open it and play your list, etc. After 30 seconds or so, it'll force it back into iPod mode. 5. Go back to the MOG, Pandora, or whatever app and hit play again. Now the iPod will be over-ridden and you can listen to your app for as long as you would like.

It may sound like a lot, but really it's not. It takes me all of a minute maybe to get it set up and stored in the glovebox to play my MOG playlists on the road.

I hope this helps!
cool, thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts