Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, got a notice from Cobra today telling me that they now offer a trunk rack for the VV... had anyone seen or tried it ?

Looking at it, it appears to be "formed" (flat) rather than tubular; the first thought I had was, how well would it hold a bungee cord, etc?

Thoughts, anyone?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ok the rack is one of the next projects I'm doing. I've seen people also use the one for the Goldwing. What makes the Venture rack a better choice in your opinion? Please be kind toward others opinions. If you have photos of it installed that be great. Thank you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think the only positive thing I can say about the rack is that it looks like it sits level. The front lip to keep things from sliding into the passenger is a nice touch but maybe this is standard on trunk racks? I haven't really paid attention to that bit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed the Yamaha rack. Looks good, it's the right size, sits at the right angle, etc. On a recent ride with a Goldwing we bought a large frozen pizza to take back to the cabin. Couldn't find a way to strap it to the wing, but it fit on my rack just fine. (had to watch the speed so we wouldn't have an airborn pizza!)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Ok the rack is one of the next projects I'm doing. I've seen people also use the one for the Goldwing. What makes the Venture rack a better choice in your opinion? Please be kind toward others opinions. If you have photos of it installed that be great. Thank you.
If you search around on this forum, you'll see plenty of installed racks - I agree, the Yamaha is my favorite.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Installed yamaha last night, definitely looks great, goes well with the bike lines.

sent from mobile device.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello,

What Yamaha rack are you talkng about? My wife has a Vaquero and she is looking for a nice luggage rack. Can anyone give a part number or a place where I can see it?

Thanks,

pwbritt

·
Registered
48 Posts
That luggage rack is one for the trunk on a Voyager. Is there a luggage rack for a Vaquero which does not involve her having to buy a new seat?

pwbritt

·
Registered
170 Posts
On vaquero owners thread someone had a vaqueero with a rack ... check the thread, can't remember if they changed the seat.

sent from mobile device.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have the Yamaha trunk rack and love it, looks good to...The 2 chrome strips give it more strength and it was real easy to install.....I like the tubular type anyway....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tried to order the cobra rack via a dealer this week. He distributor (Tucker Rocky) listed it but it's not available until the end of Feb. They are not taking order from the dealers yet.

·
Banned
26 Posts
Aftermarket Yamaha Rack

This may be the answer to everyone's needs who wants the Yamaha rack. I know several folks have said they won't use it because the Yamaha 'Star' logo is on it. Well the Matazu company is offering a rack that is supposed to be identical to the Yamaha rack but without the logo. I just ordered one and we'll see how it fits when it gets here in a few days. It's not on their website for some reason, but it is on Ebay. Price is $107 including shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=230711109699#ht_735wt_1163

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yamaha Rack

Had a piece of chrome tape put over the star, love it comes in hand for carrying my cover on trips
trunk rack.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Got one off ebay similar to the yamaha rack... 25 bucks.... will see how good it is when it gets here.... the yamaha rack is hard to beat.... had one on the Venture....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts