Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First is the trunk lid strong enough for a carrier rack? If it is, which one is the best way to go??

All opinions welcome.....:wink2:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've had the Cobra rack on mine since shortly after bought the bike 2 years ago. Haven't had any issues with it. Took a week long trip with a 20-30lb bag tied to the rack with no problems. I've carried several items on it but that was the heaviest one.
Put the matching saddlebag racks on also. Those look good and stop the scuffs on top of the saddlebags.

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
Depends on what you like. Most racks are universal and in my opinion they dont lookk good.
I got the one from cobra. It is made especially to fit the voyager topcase and looks best - in my opinion.
Sometimes you will find them new on ebay for a decent price.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
58 Posts
I also have the Cobra. Easy install and looks good. If I remember correctly, the maximum load for a luggage rack is 10 pounds. While that doesn't sound like much, you would be surprised what you can strap onto this rack. If nothing else, rain suits and jackets to free up space in the saddle bags for those longer trips!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the Kuryakn rack on mine and it also is well built and looks good. I use a Kuryakn rack bag with it and usually have 10 - 15 lbs on it. Handles it fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts