Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been debating whether i go for a hard trunk or a sissybar bag for long tours.
does anybody have any experiance dealing with ether? or both?

if i do go for a sissybar bag i would put it on the pillion seat and would get the Saddlemen BR3400ex

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have had both. Started with the backrest/luggage rack and a T-Bags tour set up. I liked it because it was easy to take off when I wasn't in tour mode. I have a rigid Harley Tour Pack on it now..... wife loves it..... it's HUGE. Really hard to take off because the Harley mounts don't work on the Kawis very well so I built a bracket and mounted the trunk more or less permanently. I am used to the hard trunk now and find myself using it every time I ride for everything from extra rain gear to a couple of flats of beer. It's HUGE

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have had both. Started with the backrest/luggage rack and a T-Bags tour set up. I liked it because it was easy to take off when I wasn't in tour mode. I have a rigid Harley Tour Pack on it now..... wife loves it..... it's HUGE. Really hard to take off because the Harley mounts don't work on the Kawis very well so I built a bracket and mounted the trunk more or less permanently. I am used to the hard trunk now and find myself using it every time I ride for everything from extra rain gear to a couple of flats of beer. It's HUGE

You have any other pics, this is exactly what I want to do to mine

04 vulcan nomad FI 1500

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just to confirm i will be removing it when i am not going long distance for the more clean look and i dont really care about the faffing around required to install/remove since i would only really be a once or twice a year thing

·
Registered
156 Posts
I also would like to see some Pics.
Thanks

·
Registered
987 Posts
I found a couple of pics of the trunk. It is a Scootworks unit that I modified a bit. It is on my V2K now but the mounts etc are the same for the 900, weird huh?

Attachments

·
Registered
987 Posts
Here's a pic of the 900C with the luggage rack and backrest with factory original seat. This rack fits the LT, Classic 900s and also the V2K. I have another rack for the V2K with a wider backrest as well because the wife.... well you know..... Now she had the armrests, backpad etc...

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have that bag, took a 5000 mile ride with my 800 custom 4 years ago, had it mounted on the sissy bar & seat, no luggage rack, with the forward controls & leaning back on the bag it was like riding in a recliner, plus I packed everything I needed for the 9 day ride no problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts