Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working on my luggage options for my bike and the RideBikeGear.com TP trunk looks like it might be a decent alternative to my current plan of a Kappa trunk. I have had a Kappa on my old bike for 6+ years and it has been great, not very visually pleasing, but very functional. Now I have my new bike and I would like function AND beauty.
Anyone with experience on this (or other brand) trunk that they would like to share?
I am also considering the GA saddlebags for long trips. The OEM are fine for around town.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I have the Matazu trunk on my 900 for about a year now. It's a cheap trunk, relatively speaking, but functional. I bought it to keep my computer in when going on tour, so I have a little bit of security, at least with keeping it out of sight. Not much real security as it wouldn't take much to crack the top lid. It did come with tail lights and directionals. The one thing I don't like on it is it opens from the rear, which is a pain when I have the area between the trunk and my drivers back seat filled with tent, fold-able chair, a completely filled backpack with enough junk to spend a month outside camping, etc. The trunks that open to the side, such as most HD trunks are much more practical....
IMO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts