Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. Clutch cables appear to "go out" early
2. Front pulley bearing wear early if belt is too tight
3. Alternator/stator seems to be defective on an alarming number of bikes.
4. Suspect gas gauge accuracy
5. Oil collects in the air intake cover (this is NOT a problem).
6. Valve ticking excessive. Generally quiets after break-in. All the info I have accumulated suggests not to switch to synthetic too early. Let the bike "wear" first. Then switch (only if you so desire).

I wonder if a "trouble spot" section could be "stickied".
Would this be a good idea? It seems it would be helpful to know what the weak spots are, so we can "keep an eye".
Moderators?
I have decided to keep this post current as problems/situations arise. I think it might be a beneficial post to us all. Chime in at any time!

·
Administrator
11,997 Posts
1. Clutch cables appear to "go out" early
2. Front pulley bearing wear early if belt is too tight
3. Alternator/stator seems to be defective on an alarming number of bikes.
4. Suspect gas gauge accuracy
5. ??????????????

I wonder if a "trouble spot" section could be "stickied".
Would this be a good idea? It seems it would be helpful to know what the weak spots are, so we can "keep an eye".
Moderators?
Maybe a new thread should be started in this folder maybe titled Issues/problems we are following on the 900 and then we can stick that to the top of the folder?

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm no moderator, but this thread, post, whatever... sounds like a good idea. While you are at it, you could also list common problems people have, but that are not really issues. For example, the oil collecting in the air intake cover. I now know this is just from one of those silly EPA features, but for a nooby, it will scare the crap out of you.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have decided to keep this post current as "situations/problems arise. It might be beneficial to have a quick glance at this bikes "idiosyncrasies".

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great idea, When my stator went out, i spent hours searching to find other 900 vulcan bikes that had the same problem. it would have been easier to check one source. Jimkat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts