Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
My wife has the chain drive version of the 750 Shadow and I can tell you that "sporting" performance is not it's forte. The 900 Vulcan runs better but is a physically larger bike. Both are reliable as far as I know. You might consider the Yamaha Bolt 950
First of all,one of my friends that just purchased a 1200 harley sportster was checkin out the yamaha 950 bolt,&he found after Alot of researching the Bolt that it Wobbles in the front [email protected] speeds-THATS WHY HE DID'NT PURCHASE 1! As far as the Honda shadow goes(I beleive the chain driven1is either an rs,a spirit,or the model they call the ACE )-In any event,I'm absolutely Sure the honda 750 shadow is a Very Reliable bike,as Most Honda's are,&Yes,I know the Shadow750 is a little on the Slower side,Definately more for comfort cruisin than acceleration........As far as the 900 Vulcan,I WOULD DEFINATELY ENJOY1,I'm Sure:) My only Concerns w/ the 900 vulcan is,1)I understand that if the belt tension is'nt right,it can mess up the out put shaft bearing,&2)Is it just me,but it seems like the More reading/Studying up on the Larger displacement kaws,it appears they like to go thru Alot of the engines stators!?,Some1 Please Correct me if I'm wrong&or Mistaken?! To this day,I AM TOTALLY APPALLED W/THE DURABILITY OF MY 650'S V S ENGINGE:)Thats1 of the main reasons I would Really Like to stick w/a Kawasaki:) On a Totally different note,I swear I gotta meet You 1day,BEARSLAYER!!?!!:) Your just full of Too Much Good Info/Advice:) My reasoning for that is this;Tonight I went to [email protected] 2018Triumph1200 twin Speedster-WOW:):):) Not only does it sit low,But I was Totally Surprised that it Did'nt weigh a whole lot either!!:) The1 I [email protected] HAD 400 MILES ON IT_Whoa,What a gem(Only around$9500,00,of course)-Throttle by wire OR not,I was Quite impressed:) Now,Any1 out there got $10Grand I can borrow?LOL:) &by the way,Can any1 out there Please Tell me How this Traction Control Works? Once again BEARSLAYER,I could'nt Agree w/You More-That Triumph 1200 Speedster is 1 Sweet Ride!:) RIDE SAFE&KEEP THE 馃啋 (y):cool::geek:o_O:giggle::love:RUBBER ON THE ROAD:) Who knows,Maybe this ol dog might just end up on a Triumph twin1day:)

Registered
Personally I'm quite impressed with what Triumph has done and I think they're much overlooked because of the impression that lasts in peoples minds from 60's-70's era bikes.
The newly resurrected Triumph organization and product line are equal to anything. I'm personally quite impressed with their 800 triple recently and have had my eye on one.
As for "fly by wire", HD is now using this technology on their big twin offerings. And in this era of electronic fuel injection even cable operated throttle bodies the cable is doing little more than opening the butterfly. If the system fails electrically the cable will do you no good.

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
Personally I'm quite impressed with what Triumph has done and I think they're much overlooked because of the impression that lasts in peoples minds from 60's-70's era bikes.
The newly resurrected Triumph organization and product line are equal to anything. I'm personally quite impressed with their 800 triple recently and have had my eye on one.
As for "fly by wire", HD is now using this technology on their big twin offerings. And in this era of electronic fuel injection even cable operated throttle bodies the cable is doing little more than opening the butterfly. If the system fails electrically the cable will do you no good.
As much as I hate to accept it.its either throttle by wire or find an older bike?!:)

Registered
Ok, hopefully some people see where I was going with that question. You already have a form of ride by wire with the STV, it's a computer controlled throttle valve.

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
Ok, hopefully some people see where I was going with that question. You already have a form of ride by wire with the STV, it's a computer controlled throttle valve.
Yeh, I saw where you were goin w/it last night-EVERYTHING IS ELECTRONICALLY/COMPUTER CONTROLLED nowadays!!?!! ;Kinda Funny,(I beleive it was the Holly Carbuerators) that started electronically controllin their carbs to put the fuel into the engine faster,&Low&Behold,Thats where the EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection-DUH) came from-Now there aint a Darn thing Wrong w/fuel injection,They just made it harder for your average mechanic to work on-LOL:) In any event,Sooner or later,I don't care if ur runnin jet fuel thru ur motor,Sooner or later that ol throttle body's gonna need a cleainin:) Is it Good Or Bad,I'm No mechanic or tech(@Least on Motorcycles-lol:)) All I was Tryin too say is I want a Bike that Does'nt take a Whole lot of Shannanaginns to keep runnin&/or Enjoy:) &Yes,if that means findin an old Honda 750four or maybe a Kaw 4-900 thats just Fine by me!?! KISS/*KEEP it Simple Stupid(ME!) Guess I'm just too darn'd ol fashion'd-RIDE SAFE&KEEP THE RUBBER ON THE ROAD:)=By the way,just as a Funny footnote,Around 10(Maybe longer?) years ago,when I bought my first honda rebel250,Honda Actually sent me a questioneir askin What I thought could make it a Better bike?-My response was;Fuel inject it & Add an oil filter to it,Along w/ liquid cool it-Well low&Behold,Now honda has a single 300&a twin 500 Rebel(S) w/all that stuff(&Sorry too say it aint all that attractive!?!).I don't even see that many of em on the road........Ol school John,What can I say?:)

Registered
I understand where all of you are coming from. My last bike before the KVS was a Triumph Sprint ST 955. Loved that tripple sound, just got to expensive to maintain after 15 years, I tell ya nothing is made to last anymore ...... <grin>

The KVS is looking like being relegated to being the shopping trolley (It has 118 liters storage) as my heart has fallen in love with a wanton hussy (Indian FTR 1200S)

I'm seriously thinking of this for the toy and the KVS for the around town stuff.

Regards ...... PendDraig

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
I understand where all of you are coming from. My last bike before the KVS was a Triumph Sprint ST 955. Loved that
I understand where all of you are coming from. My last bike before the KVS was a Triumph Sprint ST 955. Loved that tripple sound, just got to expensive to maintain after 15 years, I tell ya nothing is made to last anymore ...... <grin>

The KVS is looking like being relegated to being the shopping trolley (It has 118 liters storage) as my heart has fallen in love with a wanton hussy (Indian FTR 1200S)
View attachment 246000

I'm seriously thinking of this for the toy and the KVS for the around town stuff.

Regards ...... PendDraig
tripple sound, just got to expensive to maintain after 15 years, I tell ya nothing is made to last anymore ...... <grin>

View attachment 246000

Regards ...... PendDraig
My father rode an Indian500,back in the 40's-&Again some1 correct me if I'm wrong,when Indian started back up on their production,was'nt some of their engines designed by Kawasaki? I do'nt know about the co$t of maintaining these new Triumphs,but the 1200 parallell twin Speedmaster ('18)that I just looked @the other night was Quite Impressive(@least on me-lol:))/what really hit home w/me was that after the first valve [email protected],the next 1 is'nt due for like another 15,000miles!?!-Are the Triumph engines Really that Reliable? &I guess that after 15 years,any bike is gonna need a littlle(or Alot) of maintenance!?! I just WOULD LIKE a Larger Bike(Say 900-1200)thats still easy enough to handle the city but can also cruise the highway Without runnin up the RPM,s:) The Indian your [email protected] Nice,looks a little too much for me-I'M JUST STUCK ON CRUISERS-I'd like too see how well it does up against a Harley1200,or maybe even against a Ducati or a M Guzzi? Looks like the kind of bike one would just like to open up on a nice flat stretch of country road/highway:)

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
My father rode an Indian500,back in the 40's-&Again some1 correct me if I'm wrong,when Indian started back up on their production,was'nt some of their engines designed by Kawasaki? I do'nt know about the co$t of maintaining these new Triumphs,but the 1200 parallell twin Speedmaster ('18)that I just looked @the other night was Quite Impressive(@least on me-lol:))/what really hit home w/me was that after the first valve [email protected],the next 1 is'nt due for like another 15,000miles!?!-Are the Triumph engines Really that Reliable? &I guess that after 15 years,any bike is gonna need a littlle(or Alot) of maintenance!?! I just WOULD LIKE a Larger Bike(Say 900-1200)thats still easy enough to handle the city but can also cruise the highway Without runnin up the RPM,s:) The Indian your [email protected] Nice,looks a little too much for me-I'M JUST STUCK ON CRUISERS-I'd like too see how well it does up against a Harley1200,or maybe even against a Ducati or a M Guzzi? Looks like the kind of bike one would just like to open up on a nice flat stretch of country road/highway:)
&as Far as Anything bein made too last-Well, I think we All know the answer to that1!?!-I THINK ITS FAIR TOO SAY WE LIVE IN A *DISPOSABLE WORLD/SOCIETY-Besides,we do'nt want to put the mechanics out to pasture!!?!! Hey,ever since this Stupid Endless(it seems!)Covid19nonsense,I can't even Begin too tell you How many Friggin times the COST'$ of parts/Labour has gone Up in my Industry:(

21 - 30 of 30 Posts