Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Well all you Vulcan 650 forum members,Glad to be back,Really...For some Stupid reason,I decide to check out the Triumph forum,Actually I was checkin out they're Twins. Seems that on 1 of they're bikes,they can't get the squeaky front brakes fixed,[email protected] dealership!?!/Now Don't get me wrong,I got nothin against these Triumphs or They're riders-MY HATS OFF TO ANY 1 WHO ENJOYS THE FREEDOM&PLEASURE OF MOTRCYCLING:) What can I Say,I just happen to Like Motorcycles w/the Paralell twin engines-We've all got our own Sick fetishes,Right?LOL:) In any event,I'm just too darn'd old OR old fashioned to own a bike that the Can't be fixed,Especially by the dealership(s). I also realize that sometimes(LOL) I may come axross Wrong &/or in a -Negative [email protected],&I really do Apologize for those times(Like when my 02 sensor went bad). All I can Say is,Every 1 on this Forum seems to be Pretty helpful&full of Good advice. THANK YOU ALL FOR TOLERATING ME:) RIDE SAFE&KEEP THE RUBBER ON THE ROAD:)-(&THANK GOD FOR "RICE BURNERS"-LOL:)) (y) :cool:(y):p

Premium Member
Yeah the Triumph Speedmaster is the ONLY bike that I would trade the Goblin for.馃憤

Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
Wow the belt conversion makes the little Vulcan look a lot more true to the cruiser style, hope you can manage to get it and give us your impressions!

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Wow the belt conversion makes the little Vulcan look a lot more true to the cruiser style, hope you can manage to get it and give us your impressions!
Yes,totally agree,I'd like very much to see how Well this belt drive works/last's-I Love ya BEARSLAYER!-LOL:)-Your always comin up w/somethin Good;You go boy:) Ride Safe&Keep the rubber on the road:)=BY THE WAY,HOWS THE WEATHER where [email protected]?-We might be [email protected] Hurricain here in S.Fla/its killin me,'cause I just wanna get out my ol dog&RIDE!!?!!:)
:p :geek::giggle:(y):geek:

Registered
Wow bearslayer, that looks promising. I see they even make one for the Z900!
I wonder if the front primary bearing will be a problem? (It was in the case of some retro-fitted Vulcan 800鈥檚) and of course no bottom belt guard/cover.
Please post back any info and any review you can give us, in the future.

Registered
HD has been using belt drive satisfactorily for years. Kaw uses it on the 900 Vulcan models. I have 75k miles on my V-Rod and it still has the original belt and I've never had to adjust it.
The majority of problems I've seen from belts are if you make them too tight. One of two things will fail, and it won't be the belt.
The rear pulley bearing or worse, the tranny output shaft bearing.
You just need to realize that these things aren't rubber bands. They DO NOT GIVE. Loose is better than tight every time

Premium Member
What's the gearing like in relation to the standard chain set up?
I was told it's the same as stock. I'm currently running three teeth down on the back and like that ratio better, But to get a belt I'll go back to the stock ratio no problem.

Screenshot_20200912-191113.jpg

Registered
Hi Bearslayer,
I am not sure what point John J is trying to make but good luck to him. One of my bikes is a Drifter800 and the other a Triumph Bobber. I like both of them for different reasons. If there was a set of foot controls that moved the pedals back I would have purchased the Speedmaster instead of the bobber which has the foot controls much closer to the seat. The 1200 Triumph twin motor is really strong and the service writer at the dealership says it is bullet proof. I'm glad I own both bikes. But it is time to put them both away for the winter.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Bearslayer,
I am not sure what point John J is trying to make but good luck to him. One of my bikes is a Drifter800 and the other a Triumph Bobber. I like both of them for different reasons. If there was a set of foot controls that moved the pedals back I would have purchased the Speedmaster instead of the bobber which has the foot controls much closer to the seat. The 1200 Triumph twin motor is really strong and the service writer at the dealership says it is bullet proof. I'm glad I own both bikes. But it is time to put them both away for the winter.
Well,john j is trying to say,1-He Does like twin motorcycle engines(Triumph included),&2-I don't care if its a Triumph or Who there made by;750-1200cc twin is fine by me. I do know that plenty of bikers ridin these Throttle by wire motorcycles down here in S.Fla. are havin Problems w/them!?!/Why,I can't say-Maybe its all this Heat?-&No,I've never ridden 1 of those V motorcycle engine bikes,I'm too used to the Parallell twins:) Maybe I'm a little bit Too old fashioned,all I do know is that I want a twin motorcycle THAT IS RELIABLE:

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Well,john j is trying to say,1-He Does like twin motorcycle engines(Triumph included),&2-I don't care if its a Triumph or Who there made by;750-1200cc twin is fine by me. I do know that plenty of bikers ridin these Throttle by wire motorcycles down here in S.Fla. are havin Problems w/them!?!/Why,I can't say-Maybe its all this Heat?-&No,I've never ridden 1 of those V motorcycle engine bikes,I'm too used to the Parallell twins:) Maybe I'm a little bit Too old fashioned,all I do know is that I want a twin motorcycle THAT IS RELIABLE:
I'm not really truin too make any points.Please-I JUST WANT A PARALLELL TWIN ENGINE BIKE THAT IS'NT THROTTLE BY WIRE-That may be the New thing,&thats fine/Its just not for me,I want a Reliable Motorcycle-Twin engine,thats not throttle by wire, that I can Enjoy,Without having too worry about a pinched throttle wire or a fouled up computer chip controlling my engine!!?!!-like I said,I'm OLD SCHOOL-I just want a Simple Easy to ride bike;Yes,I know,Any&All bikes need maintenance,&Beleive me when I say,I Keep up on all the maintenance on my bike(s)-I also keep my bike Parked&Covered outside(I have no garage to keep it in!)-I also ride my bike 7 days a week,Weather permitting/I'm also 62yrs old&Not gettin any younger-Therefore I would like my next ride(New Or old,I do'nt care)TOO BE RELIABLE&Dependable Without Co$tin me an Arm&A Leg too maintain/Now do you Please understand What point/Where I am coming from?-Thank You-Ride safe&Be well/KEEP THE RUBBER ON THE ROAD:) :geek: :cool:(y)

Registered
I'm not really truin too make any points.Please-I JUST WANT A PARALLELL TWIN ENGINE BIKE THAT IS'NT THROTTLE BY WIRE-That may be the New thing,&thats fine/Its just not for me,I want a Reliable Motorcycle-Twin engine,thats not throttle by wire, that I can Enjoy,Without having too worry about a pinched throttle wire or a fouled up computer chip controlling my engine!!?!!-like I said,I'm OLD SCHOOL-I just want a Simple Easy to ride bike;Yes,I know,Any&All bikes need maintenance,&Beleive me when I say,I Keep up on all the maintenance on my bike(s)-I also keep my bike Parked&Covered outside(I have no garage to keep it in!)-I also ride my bike 7 days a week,Weather permitting/I'm also 62yrs old&Not gettin any younger-Therefore I would like my next ride(New Or old,I do'nt care)TOO BE RELIABLE&Dependable Without Co$tin me an Arm&A Leg too maintain/Now do you Please understand What point/Where I am coming from?-Thank You-Ride safe&Be well/KEEP THE RUBBER ON THE ROAD:) :geek: :cool:(y)
Sounds like you need an old XS650 Yamaha or perhaps a new Royal Enfield 650

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like you need an old XS650 Yamaha or perhaps a new Royal Enfield 650
Now that Royal Enfeild is a bike worth [email protected]!?!/My only concern is that its a 650-as much as I Hate to say it,I'm [email protected] Honda 750 shadow aero (&Yes,I do like Honda's),although I think its a bit Sluggish for a 750;I'm lookin for something bigger than a 650 w/a lil bit of Sport ridin spirit to it;It'll probably come down to the 750 Honda shadow aero phantom,or the Kawasaki 900 lt vulcan-I'm just undecided Which 1 is the Most Durable out of the 2?-RIDE SAFE&BE WELL,KEEP THE RUBBER ON THE ROAD:) :geek: :geek:(y):cool:

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Now that Royal Enfeild is a bike worth [email protected]!?!/My only concern is that its a 650-as much as I Hate to say it,I'm [email protected] Honda 750 shadow aero (&Yes,I do like Honda's),although I think its a bit Sluggish for a 750;I'm lookin for something bigger than a 650 w/a lil bit of Sport ridin spirit to it;It'll probably come down to the 750 Honda shadow aero phantom,or the Kawasaki 900 lt vulcan-I'm just undecided Which 1 is the Most Durable out of the 2?-RIDE SAFE&BE WELL,KEEP THE RUBBER ON THE ROAD:) :geek: :geek:(y):cool:
I Also Like the Suzuki m50-I've ridden Yamaha's,My Only concern w/them is that the starter is inside of the engine,so when it goes you might as Well be re buildin the motor-WHO WANTS TO GO THRU W/THAT? If it were'nt for their Starter issues,I would Definately Consider a Yamaha 950 V star. I've ridden hondas,yamahas,&Kaws of course.Since I've Never ridden a Suzuki,I can't really say&or know if I'd like them or not:):cool:

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
I Also Like the Suzuki m50-I've ridden Yamaha's,My Only concern w/them is that the starter is inside of the engine,so when it goes you might as Well be re buildin the motor-WHO WANTS TO GO THRU W/THAT? If it were'nt for their Starter issues,I would Definately Consider a Yamaha 950 V star. I've ridden hondas,yamahas,&Kaws of course.Since I've Never ridden a Suzuki,I can't really say&or know if I'd like them or not:):cool:
Also forgot to mention the Honda 1300 vtx-I understand it has a Very Reliable engine:)-I would'nt mind findin a Honda Shadow Sabre 1100.Looks like a Fun bike/My next bike Does'nt have to be a New 1,Just somethin reliable that I can Enjoy:):cool::p:p

Registered
My wife has the chain drive version of the 750 Shadow and I can tell you that "sporting" performance is not it's forte. The 900 Vulcan runs better but is a physically larger bike. Both are reliable as far as I know. You might consider the Yamaha Bolt 950

1 - 20 of 30 Posts