Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2004 VN 2000 with the large headlight unit. I'm looking at changing it for the standard headlight design that I prefer. However, it seems that a triple tree to perform this mod is like finding rocking horse poo. I know Stephen Garrett design once made them, but he's gone bust. If Anyone can assist then i'd be a happy chappy. Cheers folks and ride safe. Yilt

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
show us some leg, eh?

I've got a 2004 VN 2000 with the large headlight unit. I'm looking at changing it for the standard headlight design that I prefer. However, it seems that a triple tree to perform this mod is like finding rocking horse poo. I know Stephen Garrett design once made them, but he's gone bust. If Anyone can assist then i'd be a happy chappy. Cheers folks and ride safe. Yilt
yilty, strip all the chrome from the top of your current triple trees. you will see that the bare alum castings are very similar to the standard. If you fit a stock kaw headlamp assy and mounting bracket you will see the 3 holes that bolt to the lower triple clamps. If your old style triple clamps dont have these holes, then drill and tap them. Same procedure if you are using an aftermarket headlamp and bracket. Fit it, drill it, bolt it, ride it. As for all the chrome tin that either style bike sports, it is just cosmetic and serves no function. I take mine off as I prefer the clean lines and less junk. those 49mm fork legs are beauties and we do like to see a little leg and not those big ugly skirts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that reply mate. I've taken a look at the stock triple trees and they look a bit on the ugly side imo. I'll have to look at them a bit longer and decide whether to keep them or junk them. I love my bike but that huge headlight deal is irritating me. I'm with you on the clean lines look, hate anything that's on a bike for no reason !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts