Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i keep going back and forth in my head on wether or not i like the Nacelle.. But in the meantime i would like to see what my options are. I am looking at stripping off the Nacelle altogether, putting a different headlight on her and then eventually ending up with a Batwing. However when i removed the Nacelle this weekend and took a good look at the triple tree... its not the greatest looking thing in the world and im not even sure just re-painting it would make it look much better. So what are my options? Is there still a company out there that makes one with a bit of a rake on it? (5 deg max) or one that keeps the stock set up but is a bit cleaner looking?

Also does anyone have a PDF of the owners manual for this beast? Thanks guys

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
sik one, a batwing done rite will cover those ugmo trees. ever see the stok trees on a hardley bagger? they look lik ther rite off a Jon deer tractor. I will post pix tomorrow, I put a hardley 2 piece batwing on my RedBear'n way bak wen it was new'r. Done rite it integrates and does not look as tho it is just hung off the front like so many halfass riggs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sik one, a batwing done rite will cover those ugmo trees. ever see the stok trees on a hardley bagger? they look lik ther rite off a Jon deer tractor. I will post pix tomorrow, I put a hardley 2 piece batwing on my RedBear'n way bak wen it was new'r. Done rite it integrates and does not look as tho it is just hung off the front like so many halfass riggs.
I know and can imagine they arent the greatest looking things, i just dont know when i can pull the trigger on converting this beast into a full on bagger just yet. Because with that comes bags, paint... on everything and all that.. yada yada. So until i can scrape everything together, i figure my first project would be converting that Nacelle (which looks like its going to come with its own set of headaches) and i didnt want that stock triple tree to be what showing after i did all that work

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
You need a plan. a new TT and front end treatment will cos yo more than the whole bagger package. If you go down that road you don't wanna cover it up with plastic. So you gonna hafta make a choice, stripped slammed sled,, or phattie bat w/baggies?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need a plan. a new TT and front end treatment will cos yo more than the whole bagger package. If you go down that road you don't wanna cover it up with plastic. So you gonna hafta make a choice, stripped slammed sled,, or phattie bat w/baggies?
Fair enough, thats what im seeing. Didnt know a Triple tree would cost so much.. even to get custom built. hmmm what about those Tsukayu fairings? I like their style without really looking at the price. Do you or anyone know if they hold up well?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Fair enough, thats what im seeing. Didnt know a Triple tree would cost so much.. even to get custom built. hmmm what about those Tsukayu fairings? I like their style without really looking at the price. Do you or anyone know if they hold up well?
No. they suk. anything made of fibreglass is hevy and poor finish. Buy a real unit. their made from poly. Lite and strong.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Makes sense, how much of a pain was it to convert that Harley fairing?
It's no diff than any other project, you gotta want it. stripping yor bike can be fun. Having a bakup bike is useful so you can let the project sit nekid while you simmer wat to do.. next.
I bought 2 half shells hardley fairing for 5c notes. Took time to graft them into this front end. I had done this 3x b4, so knew to take my time. It's all good and fun and don't hafta cos a fortune,, less you go nuts with all that need for stereo crap and gages.. its a friggin fairing not an info'tainment center. poncho

·
BOTM Winner, October 2016
537 Posts
Sick,
Not my ride. Belongs to a guy in the Netherlands that posts on the Delphi forums from time to time. Corbin makes an outer fairing. Some guys or there have made HD fairings work on the bug nacelle.
Me, I embraced the cyclops :

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sick,
Not my ride. Belongs to a guy in the Netherlands that posts on the Delphi forums from time to time. Corbin makes an outer fairing. Some guys or there have made HD fairings work on the bug nacelle.
Me, I embraced the cyclops :
Dangit, yeah i looked at the Corbin and i dunno.. just doesnt look right to me. So it looks like an HD mod is in my future. Good lookin bike you have there though! I don't really plan on filling up the fairing with all the goodies. I have a set of shark speakers on right now that sound just fine to me.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
I think it would be cheaper to trade the nacelle bike in for a classic V2K.. than it would be to convert it.

It's not JUST the triple tree and head light that would need changed. Inside the nacelle is a CRAP load of wiring and connections, hidden from view, that would then be exposed... and would need to be relocated also.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
RedBear'n the erly years

here some pix of the bear wen she was mor to new an still goin thru her growin stages. figur out how bes to press this sled into service. 07-12 had my 'lectraglide, betty the buick, so really didn need nuther bag'mobile, so chopped her to B'ratt bike later. poncho

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think it would be cheaper to trade the nacelle bike in for a classic V2K.. than it would be to convert it.

It's not JUST the triple tree and head light that would need changed. Inside the nacelle is a CRAP load of wiring and connections, hidden from view, that would then be exposed... and would need to be relocated also.
Yeah I had the Nacelle open last weekend and it is quite a bit, which makes me wonder.. where are all these connections in the classic? I mean really the only difference up there is the nacelle itself and thats more a less just a housing with a few spare lights, so i cant help but wonder that there is a different and better place for all that mess

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here some pix of the bear wen she was mor to new an still goin thru her growin stages. figur out how bes to press this sled into service. 07-12 had my 'lectraglide, betty the buick, so really didn need nuther bag'mobile, so chopped her to B'ratt bike later. poncho
Oh i like that, understandable about the bagger set up though. you wouldnt happen to have that fairing then would ya? ;) ha

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have been looking for a V2k project bike for almost 2 years, and all the low miles best buy bikes seem to have the Nacelle front end on them. Wonder why? could it bee that bug eye is butt ugly?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have been looking for a V2k project bike for almost 2 years, and all the low miles best buy bikes seem to have the Nacelle front end on them. Wonder why? could it bee that bug eye is butt ugly?
Yeah, i know what you mean. I honestly dont mind the Nacelle all that much... most of the time.. But i cant get over how good she looks with a fairing on.. not to mention.. That thing and all its components raddle around in there like none other.. craziness to me

1 - 20 of 23 Posts