Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to put some new risers on my 2006, VN2000LT and it looks to me like I'm going to have to pull the top of the triple tree apart to get the job done. Has anyone ever done this to this model??

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm getting ready to put some new risers on my 2006, VN2000LT and it looks to me like I'm going to have to pull the top of the triple tree apart to get the job done. Has anyone ever done this to this model??
got a 2007 2000 vulcan clasic lt its not that hard just make sure you cover gas tank for it wont get scratch, remove windshield an loosen top bolts on fork legs an bolt on top of triple tree

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Update

Just an update for those interested. I installed the new risers without removing the triple tree. I wrapped a rag around the old risers and using a pipe wrench and a backup end wrench on the bottom side, carefully twisted the old risers off. The new risers came with allen head bolts so the re-installation was a snap. The cables had to re-routed but that was easy also. The end result is handlebars 2 1/2 inches closer to me and a bike that handles MUCH better. For those of you with a short inseam and 32" minus arm length, I highly recommend these risers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts