Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I are planning a trip to West Va. this spring ( from NJ ). Do any of
you know some interesting roads to ride? Went to Morgantown area a few
years ago , but , would like to try a different section of the state. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
98 Posts
either coming or going, be sure to include in your "loop" the north/south run through western maryland on I-81 hagerstown/md to martinsburg/wva to winchester/va - to front royal, va, where you can easily pick up shenandoah river valley and the road above it - Skyline Drive.

That "en route to" right there makes it worth the trip.....

:)

·
Registered
312 Posts
I would recommend riding south out of St. Marys on 16.... rode goes forever and all curves. Just rode WV north to south and a bit east in September, and we rode the upper half of WV on 16 twice

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input. I am sure my son and I will be quite pleased with any, or , all of
the suggested routes.

·
Registered
276 Posts
We've been riding atvs down in southern WV for past 5 years or so...this past fall i had the chance to take my bike down there and ride. Stayed in Ashland, WV rented a cabin for $50 a night and rode all over the next two days...any part of rt 52 is awesome...WV has some nice roads just watch out for those coal trucks!! and gravel!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
My son and I are planning a trip to West Va. this spring ( from NJ ). Do any of
you know some interesting roads to ride? Went to Morgantown area a few
years ago , but , would like to try a different section of the state. Thanks for any input.
Suggest you go on line to Pocahontas County, WV and request their guide book.
When you order the guide book request information on motorcycle rides/roads as they have a separate handbook for rides and motorcycle events in the county.
Pocahontas County is on the east side of WV and borders VA so you might not have a long ride from NJ.
Also suggest you ride Route 219, good pavement at least it was 2 years ago and goes thru some interesting towns and things to see.
If you go to the NYC motorcycle show, WV usually has a booth where they have more tourist and riding information available.
Enjoy your trip.

I am planning to go to Morgantown, WV this summer so any suggestions as to rides/roads that you enjoyed would be appreciated.
Many thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts