Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow inmates... going thru southern Oregon and down the Northern California coast from Crescent City to Frisco, then over to Yosemite and over the Sierra's on hiway 120, then up to Fallon and home... any suggestions on must see stuff?? and will there be snow on the Sierra passes after this storm thats comin?? We're staying in Klamath falls Or, Westport Ca, Angels Camp Ca, and Fallon Nv... thanks for any advice!... rick

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Wow, I don't have any advice on your rout Ric, but that sounds like one hellofa trip. I'm sure the bike has some good rubber on it. Take some pictures for us ,OK. :p

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, I don't have any advice on your rout Ric, but that sounds like one hellofa trip. I'm sure the bike has some good rubber on it. Take some pictures for us ,OK. :p
Its nice not to worry about tires for the entire trip, that piece of mind is one of the many advantages of the DS on a touring/cruiser style of bike..

I will take some pix!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
When you get down to Reedsport, Or. Stop by Sherm's Motorcycle shop. They will for sure have a list of scenics, as this is where they ride.
There are several roads in that region that are supposed to be fantastic ! and could keep you zig zag ing for several days.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey fellow inmates... going thru southern Oregon and down the Northern California coast from Crescent City to Frisco, then over to Yosemite and over the Sierra's on hiway 120, then up to Fallon and home... any suggestions on must see stuff?? and will there be snow on the Sierra passes after this storm thats comin?? We're staying in Klamath falls Or, Westport Ca, Angels Camp Ca, and Fallon Nv... thanks for any advice!... rick
Looks like a good trip to me. I've been over most all of those roads before, and crossed your state in 3 different places. Up north through Coeur D Alene, Hwy 12 across the middle (loved that ride) and the freeway in the southern part. Nice country.

Anyways Southern Oregon is my backyard, lol. Look for elk on 101 below Crescent City, and below Eureka on 101 look for a sign that says Ave Of the Giants. Its about a 20 miles detour that parallels 101 and takes you through a lot of the really big redwoods.

It sounds like your route is pretty well planned out but if you have more time Crater Lake is not too far out of your way.

Feel free to ask any questions and have a good trip,
James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts