Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the VN900 speedometer cover, is there any kind of trim that is available to give the cover a more flush look against the gas tank? there is a gap between the cover and the tank and I think it would look better with maybe even a piece of weather stripping to form a seal there. Has anyone tried any thing?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
This doesn't really answer your question, but I put a leather tank bib on (I got the OEM one), and the plastichrome cover fits flush against that. It might have the effect you're looking for.

Funny thing, the tank bib is flat. When I first put it on, the edges sat up from the surface of the tank. One night when I was away from home & had no way to get the bike inside, it rained. A lot. After the sun dried the bib, it curled and now fits against the tank like it was made that way. And yes, I took it off to make sure no water was trapped under it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I thought about using Cockpit Coming from a Model airplane hobby shop on mine, but got the tank bib after I dropped the gas cap on the tank (dang carpal tunnel). So it fits pretty nice now. It's a scale part though and might have to be ordered, I forget the manufacturer but it starts with an F. You'd need to measure the thickness of the plastic bezel and order the coming for that thickness of part.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I,m looking to do something with mine too.It also rattles when on bumpy roads.Would rather have speedo on the bars so you don,t have to look down to see it & the flasher indicator.Thought about the leather but didn,t want it in the way every time I go to clean the tank,which is about once a week ,this bike is a dust magnet.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just a thought, but what about some small vacuum tubing along the edge of the plastic. Would conform to the tank and speedo frame. I did this to my windshield where it forms around the head-light.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think that would be a better material than the vacuum tubing and sort of purpose built.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts