Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My brother recently bought a set of Handgrips for his 900 Classic. When we were installing them we found that they were too short to reach the control boxes. Instead or relocating the boxes (and having to re-drill the bars) I was wondering if trimming about 1/2" from each side of the bars would be safe...

What do you all think? Could I use a pipe cutter? like this one

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Hey guys,

My brother recently bought a set of Handgrips for his 900 Classic. When we were installing them we found that they were too short to reach the control boxes. Instead or relocating the boxes (and having to re-drill the bars) I was wondering if trimming about 1/2" from each side of the bars would be safe...

What do you all think? Could I use a pipe cutter? like this one

Thanks!
Not a problem, seen it done here on a brand new Vulcan. Pipe cutter, hacksaw, up to you.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a problem, seen it done here on a brand new Vulcan. Pipe cutter, hacksaw, up to you.
Sweet, Thanks for the quick reply. In my head I figured it would not be a big deal but it is always nice to get the validation.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cool. I've been wondering this, since mine's been dumped (left side) or had stuff lost (something when it got "kind of stolen"). I was just going to shave the rusty part off and throw some new grips on. Any real good walkthroughs anyone's seen? I saw a youtube Harley video, and assuming things are pretty similar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts