Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I thought it might be useful to collect the bad product experiences here in one place. And before anyone rags on me.... obviously what didnt work for one person might work great for another....but a thread like this can help people do a bit of research before they buy.... I will start....

I tried the $35 Kuryakin throttle lock that goes over their ISO grips..... http://www.gadgetjq.com/throttlelock.htm ... didnt work worth a darn. The rubber insert shim keeps coming out... and even adjusted properly it seems to let the throttle slowly back off. Any tighter and it doesnt let it spring return back. Put one on my husband's VTX too...which was a pain and it didnt work either..same issues.

I finally took them off..... anybody want one ? LOL...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ok so I thought it might be useful to collect the bad product experiences here in one place. And before anyone rags on me.... obviously what didnt work for one person might work great for another....but a thread like this can help people do a bit of research before they buy.... I will start....

I tried the $35 Kuryakin throttle lock that goes over their ISO grips..... http://www.gadgetjq.com/throttlelock.htm ... didnt work worth a darn. The rubber insert shim keeps coming out... and even adjusted properly it seems to let the throttle slowly back off. Any tighter and it doesnt let it spring return back. Put one on my husband's VTX too...which was a pain and it didnt work either..same issues.

I finally took them off..... anybody want one ? LOL...[/QUOTE

I use the cheaper vista cruise on my Kury grips, just dremel the thinner rubber ring out until it fits. I got mine off of Ebay for 20 shipped. works like a charm

·
Registered
987 Posts
Throttle lock

I put the throttle locks on both my V2K and the 900C. They worked fine, but they both required the larger ring trimmed down with a razor knife (never thought of the Dremel) to get them to hold. The smaller ring just wasn't tight enough.;)

·
Registered
319 Posts
throttle

I put the throttle locks on both my V2K and the 900C. They worked fine, but they both required the larger ring trimmed down with a razor knife (never thought of the Dremel) to get them to hold. The smaller ring just wasn't tight enough.;)
I used the dremel with the sanding drum, works wonders

·
Registered
864 Posts
Kury Hypercharger.....Looks super, Works great but i have a huge dent in my shin from hitting the corner.. Yes i moved my floor board out.. Last week had to go for the brake hard and i thought i broke my leg.. So im gonna live with the black and blue shin.. I think this is a great thred wish everyday i had thought about the location of the Hypercharger or someone would have posted about it... Next thing to buy is the Barron (125 hp ) big air kit......Bulldozer

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I'm not impressed in dealing with Scootworks directly. Any future items i get of theirs will be through MeanCycles... let them deal with Scootworks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've got the one you've referred to there on my 500. It had leather fringe grip covers on it when I got the bike, took them off and then I experienced just what you described. The rubber insert kept coming out, mine was never all the way under the lock though. I guess maybe it's too wide or something, but I rednecked it and put a black zip tie around it, trimmed the tail and haven't had it happen again since. The throttle lock works fine, except for a little bit of play in it, so I have to turn the throttle a little past where I actually want it to lock at. But I only use it for a slight rpm rise while warming up.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks to comments here I went and re examined the throttle lock.... and decided to play with it some more. I cut the ring with a hack saw..and glued the loose rubber ring in place with superglue....seemed to hold like crazy. the thing holds the throttle in position like a champ now...!

ps...still took the one on my husband's VTX off. He hated it...and the way the switch housing wires come out interfere with putting it on anyway... had to add the spacer they send along and it practically breaks the thing when you try to flip the thumb lever. ( still gonna send you this one Ed....lol )

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
very cool Ed... I try to practice 'paying it forward' when things like this come up... if I am not using it and someone else would really like it.... I am very likely to give it away. I find lots of things come to me in a similar fashion.... the universe has some big equalizer program going up there I think.

and NO, Ponch...you cant have my car !!!

TallAnnie,
It came in today, appreciate your generosity and refusal to take any money for it. I'll remember that when I pass on something to someone else.

Ed

·
Registered
288 Posts
I tried, and didn't like, a 225/60R16 Altimax tire. The handling just couldn't be made to be what I wanted, so I ended up putting the stocker back on. Once I burn that sucker up, it'll be time to decide if a 240 is the way to go. The way it's wearing, it won't be long.

This being said, I have the tire lying around with only about 1500 miles on it. If anyone wants it let me know. I'll let it go cheap or trade for some cool little tidbits.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
dang!

very cool Ed... I try to practice 'paying it forward' when things like this come up... if I am not using it and someone else would really like it.... I am very likely to give it away. I find lots of things come to me in a similar fashion.... the universe has some big equalizer program going up there I think. and NO, Ponch...you cant have my car !!!
well there annabelle, dang, I had no idea you were so attached to the contrabulation. If I'd a thought about it long nuff, I'd probably would have asked for that trailer first.. maybe just to soften you up some? but then, I's got me plenty of iron to keep busy. 'sides am not too fond of 4 wheelers, car types anyway. I got me a big pikemup truck for haulin stuff as that is more what I am tasked with on a regular basis. and I have my skooters to run around on when I'm not haulin somebodies else is stuff all over tar' nation. So, thinkin about that car of yors really don't push any of my buttons. Im just gonna hafta take a pass on your offer tho, but thanks anyway for thinkin of me just the same. out, ponch

I only visited this thread today because I had a question of my own, "is this topic restricted to mc related experiences or is it a free forum for all kinds of depressing topics?"

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
for you, Ponch, anything goes....;)

well there annabelle, dang, I had no idea you were so attached to the contrabulation. If I'd a thought about it long nuff, I'd probably would have asked for that trailer first.. maybe just to soften you up some? but then, I's got me plenty of iron to keep busy. 'sides am not too fond of 4 wheelers, car types anyway. I got me a big pikemup truck for haulin stuff as that is more what I am tasked with on a regular basis. and I have my skooters to run around on when I'm not haulin somebodies else is stuff all over tar' nation. So, thinkin about that car of yors really don't push any of my buttons. Im just gonna hafta take a pass on your offer tho, but thanks anyway for thinkin of me just the same. out, ponch

I only visited this thread today because I had a question of my own, "is this topic restricted to mc related experiences or is it a free forum for all kinds of depressing topics?"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts