Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Adding the big 3 to the bike this weekend; exhaust, air and fuel processor. I'll give updates later (Roadhouse 2-1 sounds awesome!) but I'm having trouble on the fuel processor. I've propped the tank up and all that but I can't dislodge the connectors off the top of the injectors. What's the trick to them? I've tried to pinch the front of them but they are really on good. The space to pull on them is real tight, too, due to the tank not being able to lift up much.

Would love to get this done but I need help before I end up doing something to break them!

Thanks for any advice!

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
I just did mine (powercommander) and found the connectors to be tight also.Finally just used needle-nose pliers which squeezed the lock tab while pulling up on the connector. Then they came off really easy. Look at the lock tab on the new connector to understand how to release it. I did remove the tank, though, to get to things easier.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hi all,

Adding the big 3 to the bike this weekend; exhaust, air and fuel processor. I'll give updates later (Roadhouse 2-1 sounds awesome!) but I'm having trouble on the fuel processor. I've propped the tank up and all that but I can't dislodge the connectors off the top of the injectors. What's the trick to them? I've tried to pinch the front of them but they are really on good. The space to pull on them is real tight, too, due to the tank not being able to lift up much.

Would love to get this done but I need help before I end up doing something to break them!

Thanks for any advice!
When I pulled mine off I used some needle nosed pliers as well. Just push in the tab with a small flat tip, grab the injector connector with the pliers, and wiggle while pulling up. They will come off, I assure you. Looking forward to the sound clip!:D

·
Registered
976 Posts
I used Needle nose vice grips, You can adjust the teeth to be just tight enough to release the clamp and it has a good grip on it to pull the plug off. They are tight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I had thought of using my needle-nose pliers but was concerned I'd inadvertently snap something but that proved to be the trick. I let my teenage son do it so I could blame him if things went bad :) The new connectors went on super easy so I'm all hooked up and ready to go. Still need to tweak the Fi2000 settings a bit but I'm rolling again.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Had to bump this back to the top just to say thanks. I pulled the PowrPro Black and Ivanized today. Getting those connection off without pliers has to be damn near impossible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts