Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to be working in Pasco from June through Sept and am shipping my 2004 1600 Classic so I can enjoy myself.

Anyone in the area looking for weekend short trips?

Any shop recommendations?

Any to avoid?

And if I could find a coach to work with this novice a bit, I'd be forever grateful! I've done the BRC and have about 3000 miles last summer, this spring, but I KNOW my low speed skills, as well as my comfort in turns, could use any input!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Go south and catch WA14. It goes along the north side of the Columbia River. Quite scenic but the winds can catch you off-guard so be aware of it. Gas up whenever you can, though.

There are several places where you can cross across the river into Oregon to get on I-84 which goes along the south side of the river.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Or you can go north to see the Grand Coulee Dam.

Or you can make a circle by going west to Prosser. Top off your gas at the LOVES truck stop, exit 80 I believe. Find state 22 going west to Toppenish then south on US97. (Hint: when you get to the 22/97 junction, take a right/north turn and fill up at a gas station there a few hundred yards from the junction)

The ride south on 97 is all desert scenery. You can top off gas again at Goldendale just directly off the road to your right. Don't remember if its a Mobil or Chevron or Exxon.

97 meets up with WA14 and you can turn back eastward. When 14 meets up with I-82, should you need gas, turn south on I-82 and there's a Shell station a mile or two from the river. From there you can easily make it back to Pasco going north on I-82 following the signs to Pasco.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey what's up? I'm in Richland and just picked up a new 2017 Vaquero.

Life-long tri-city resident so I know the area pretty well.

Pm me sometime and let's talk rides.

Late,
Coz

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts