Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...has anybody got one? I'm looking for a rear seat, doesn't matter which one. I just need the hardware and plastic seat pan so if anyone has one they want to get rid of cheap let me know. I'm working on a new project and need to source some parts.
Thanks.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate to chop up a useable one but if you want it gone I will:). I'm going to check ebay too, they come up on there occasionally. I lost a whole stock set a few months ago that only went for $26.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,905 Posts
ALTHOUGH.. you know.. have you tried just putting some old pizza boxes on the fender? It would probably be more comfortable.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
ALTHOUGH.. you know.. have you tried just putting some old pizza boxes on the fender? It would probably be more comfortable.
Sounds like the stock 900 seat. When I still had the stocker on it I used to slide up and sit on the back of the fuel tank to rest my butt!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well here's the thing, in the luggage rack thread I posted about one I've had my eye on but after measuring it out on the fender it was going to be a bit small and after mulling over fabbing my own I thought why not continue the wood theme and try to find a beat up seat so I can use the hardware to slide into the fender bracket and lock in place? Pop the seat off and pop a luggage rack on. The rack will be 9x12 walnut and another hardwood, probably poplar or cedar, although I do have a 50 yr old cherry timber waiting to be beautiful. I'll cabbage the front hardware and rear slide from the seat pan and attach it to the rack. Here's a pitiful pic of it drawn out on the fender.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts