Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a trailer hitch for my 2006 lt. Thought I would see if anyone had one they wanted to part with. Also looking for recommendations for one to purchase new. Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
hitch for v2k

hi, i put this hidden hitch from hitch doc on in '08 and it worked well. all is hidden, and the ball can be removed when not in use. hoping the attachment shows up as put a pic in.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the same one as Dadinator and a buddy of mine has the Hitch Doc.
The one from Hitch Doc is a better hitch in my opinion

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the reply. I didn't want to pay the price they wanted for the hidden hitch. I built a hidden hitch of my own. Or a mostly hidden hitch. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1413509186.925441.jpg

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. I must say building a hitch to fit in the fender is a pain in the rear. Next project is a trailer for the new hitch. I'm debating on designs and materials for it right now. Anyone have input or suggestions?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I made this one using a Harbor Freight kit and a aluminum truck box . Luggage rack came off of a wrecked SUV at a salvage yard that I cut down to fit my needs.

Made it where the ice chest rack could be mounted front or back.

Here is what I tug around now

·
Registered
560 Posts
I would love to have a tent trailer. Just have to wait until I hit the powerball

You made a badass hitch btw!!!

Tent trailor is EASY !!! Just follow these destructions,,,,

1. get a trailor
2. get a tent
3. install tent on trailor...
4. ONLY INSTALL TENT ON TRAILOR WHEN PARKED....
5. ENJOY TENT TRAILOR

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea they are torsion axles in the picture. How much does the tent trailer weigh empty vs loaded? How wise is it? I have plans figured up for the trailer, and best estimate is it's going to be about 240lbs.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You can find all the specs on the trailer here > http://www.trailmasterinc.com/sentry/photos.html
Except for the weight and if I remember correctly its about 350lbs empty . Loaded just depends on how much junk you think you need to take with you LOL
I have been as heavy as guessing 550-600. The V2K had no problem pulling it but stopping it in a hurry is not gonna happen. I had the trailer brake option put on mine but have never hooked them up ,just make sure you leave plenty of distance between you and the guy in front of you.
Since your building your own think light weight in what ever you do.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I'm thinking it will be around 240 empty actually. Changed the design a bit. The tire,wheel, and axle weigh 38 lbs each side. (76lbs for the pair. The I would love to build it out of aluminum, but price is expensive, and it would be about 40lbs lighter. Kinda hard to justify $ 300 increase in materials for 40lbs lighter.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I purchased a denray hitch from a forum member hockeyref. Its all stainless and is invisible except for the ball. Works well but was difficult to fit.

I haven't won the lottery yet either so i bought the harbor freight tag along trailer. I removed one leaf from the springs, changed to LED lighting kit. I added some tie downs and a rotating coupler. So far I have $425 invested and it works really well. Its suprising how much stuff you can cram into it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts