Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am thinking of taking the plunge and buying a trailer for my 2006 V2K, but first I need to look at a hitch and wiring. Any suggestions out there on what worked for you? I am looking for an easy bolt on hitch setup, hopefully that will be mostly hidden when not in use.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Look in V2K forum on first page there is a thread about this.

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
Mchitch for a easy to install hitch that is strong as all get out and the wiring module isolator for the bike. I got mine there and it works perfectly.
I personally recommend putting the isolator module under the seat and the right rear. Nice little pocket there for it to fit into.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trailer hitch and wiring

Thanks for the responses, helps me to narrow down my choices. I am waiting for my local dealer to come up with something - if he does not come through I will just order direct from MCHitch

·
Registered
419 Posts
Key word = easy

So I am thinking of taking the plunge and buying a trailer for my 2006 V2K, but first I need to look at a hitch and wiring. Any suggestions out there on what worked for you? I am looking for an easy bolt on hitch setup, hopefully that will be mostly hidden when not in use.
I had a hidden hitch from "Hitch Doc" on my V2k. When the ballmount was removed all you saw was 2 small chrome triangles at the rear of the fender. I took it off when I sold the bike but you used the words "easy bolt on" This causes a conflict with this hitch cause it took me several hrs. and I had to modify some of the mounting bolts. However when I did finish it was rock solid and looked good.

Attachments

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
Thanks for the responses, helps me to narrow down my choices. I am waiting for my local dealer to come up with something - if he does not come through I will just order direct from MCHitch
If you want a trailer hitch then grab your sack and go get one. That dealer is not knowledgeable about hitches and don't really care if you get what you need for your bike. Mchitch makes hitches for the specific bike and they are excellent quality. When I put mine on everything fit EXACTLY because it was made for the V2K, not a generic something or other that had to be modified.
The tail light isolator module fit exactly like it was supposed to and when I hooked the trailer up for the first time all the lights worked perfectly. I can't argue with success.

Now if you want to wait until "local dealer" gets off his tail I guess that's ok but if you want a hitch that fits and works great call Mchitch. out. CoolPig.

Sorry Ponch, the Devil made me do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts