Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
Well today is both a happy day and slightly sad. I traded my 2016 Vulcan S for a brand new 2017 Versey 1000 the price was too good to pass up. I have been wanting a Versey for a while now so when I seen her I had to get her. I do have to say the Vulcan was a great bike and the only reason I traded was the wife is thinking of riding with me. Great news. :grin2:. So now I have my new Versey started with 5 miles on it now has 50. too much fun didn't want to come home. Then I went to work and broke my arm in a work accident doctor says a cast for 3-4 months. Now alls I can do is look at my new bike sitting in the driveway begging me to ride her. Dam 1st world problems lol. oh well interested to know if anyone else here ever had to deal with a similar problem and how you dealt with the want to go riding when you knew you cant.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. It’s like a old song by Eric Clapton. It’s it wasn’t for bad luck I would have no luck at all. Lol

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Sorry to hear about you accident. Hope it turns out well.

I began riding in 1981. In 1989 I herniated a disc and was off my feet for several weeks. Including recovery from surgery I was off work for 4 months. Surgery was in November. I was on my 2nd bike (81 Yami 400 Special) at the time and took it for ride in April '90. The pain was excruciating and I decided my bike riding days were over. I sold the bike for next to nothing to get it gone.
How did I cope? I didn't. Every time I heard a bike I cringed and ached to ride. I thought I would get over it but no, it got worse as years went by. I finally bought an old bike for $50 and worked on getting it road ready. Turns out I'm fine riding. I had just tried it too soon.
So hang in there. Fire it up now and then to hear it run and when you're ready to throw your leg over the saddle take it slowly. Don't push yourself, listen to your body you'll be back to normal before you know it.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
3-4 months? Hah! I have to park my bike 5-6 months - every single year (winter with icy and snowy roads). Use your time to make plans for the next tour. And isn't this just the right time to order that (put your "nice to have" stuff here) thing your Verys absolutely need to have?

Nice bike! And good luck with your arm's healing!

;-)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Jeez.
Congrats on the bike.
Speedy recovery with the arm. I broke an arm once. It was no fun at all. Mind my asking, how did it happen?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I hope you heal quickly, but like others said, don't go out riding until your body is ready to do it.

That said, I was watching Ride w/Norman Reedus (s1e4, IIRC) last night, and there was a guy missing an arm, yet he rode the Dragon. I forget which bike he was riding, but it was modified so he could do everything with one arm.

-John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts