Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will have my 07 , 900 classic Lt paid off in DEC. i am seriously thinking about trading it in for an 08 or newer Harley electra glide. I've been looking online at these bikes and i have fell in love with these things. i love the storage room that these things come with, and not to mention, its a Harley. has anyone out there ever owned a newer Electra glide? if so , what do you think?

·
Registered
242 Posts
My neighbor has a fatboy and another guy that I ride with occasionally has an electra glide. They both love their bikes. Harley makes a great bike. Go to a dealership and test ride one.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am a huge fan of the Road Glides...The fairing doesn't turn with the forks so it is still very light and easy to tear around town with. Definitely going to get a Road Glide one day.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Buy the bike you want, but if you want my opinion, ride your Vulcan and save up money until you can pay cash for the Harley. Debt is not your friend, especially debt for toys...

·
Registered
782 Posts
Have your dentist check your fillings before you buy a HD! Ha Ha!!! Seriously, you will notice a lot more vibration from a Harley. They are a great bike, they just shake a lot. I agree with Kray, test drive one first.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you are possibly looking at it for touring, I would say GoldWing!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Buy the bike you want, but if you want my opinion, ride your Vulcan and save up money until you can pay cash for the Harley. Debt is not your friend, especially debt for toys...
x2. Dave Ramsey is AWESOMENESS!

Have your dentist check your fillings before you buy a HD! Ha Ha!!! Seriously, you will notice a lot more vibration from a Harley. They are a great bike, they just shake a lot. I agree with Kray, test drive one first.
My neighbor has a HD... engine shakes more than a cammed Hemi (old school 426 cubic inch Hemi). Sounds nice though... of course he has bassani pipes on it and stuff. Beautiful bike.

Since everyone thinks HD is the 'top' bike, I want a Victory, just to be different... I'd really like an Indian, but they're just too expensive.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'd really like an Indian, but they're just too expensive.[/B]
+1

If I could have any bike, I would get the 2010 Indian Chief Bomber. Since I am not willing to pay $31,000, I will more than likely get an HD Heritage Softail Classic whenever I decide to purchase another bike (Won't be for a few years).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts