Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. once the weather calms down here on Co. i plan on usin my 1500 meanstreak as a track bike (attemping to get it built enough to compete with 600-750 sportbikes 8th mile) but i also plan on riding in on the streets every chance i can get. any recomendations on a good grippy tire for the strip that also wont kill me cruisin. looking at avon cobras right now but id love input on others :)

thnx in advance

·
Registered
409 Posts
For what you want to do.......race and ride street. You can only run two sets of tires. There isn't really one tire that can do it all. I work at a bike shop that sponsors a couple of racers and that's why I know. If you want to be competitive when you race, you gotta have the proper race tires which are generally slicks of some brand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For what you want to do.......race and ride street. You can only run two sets of tires. There isn't really one tire that can do it all. I work at a bike shop that sponsors a couple of racers and that's why I know. If you want to be competitive when you race, you gotta have the proper race tires which are generally slicks of some brand.
hmm. i was afraid of that was the case. im used to cars still. my weekend car has "drive home slicks" on em d.o.t legal as well as streetable. i was hoping for the same to be the case here.. i may just buy a set of teh cobras and a bottle or two of vht for track days

1 - 3 of 3 Posts