Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

towing

6K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Poncho Villa 
1st thing you would want to do IF you trailer this way is take the Belt OFF the bike, secure it away from the rotating tire and pulley. It keeps your belt and pulley(s) and entire drive train and engine from rotation and wear lube or no lube.
Only the tire and rear wheel bearings are getting UNDULY excessive wear.
You have more weight on the rear than under normal riding condition regardless of what you think you have on the tongue. and you expose your bike to all kinds of nasty things that come off the back of your tow vehicle.

if your just trying to pull it for cheap bux, (not too smart as you have a lot of investment in that bike) ther are dozens of cheap trailers for the cost of 2 mc tires.

and I imagine backing up would be not kind to your bike steering head, etc..

I dont believe watt am seeing.. is that road king (850lb) being tethered by two straps affixed to the 1/2"dia hiway lite bar?? omg! I can just see this thing taking leave of the tow vehicle at speed down the interstate. Question is how long it remained upright.. and in its lane b4 drifting into oncoming traffic or going end over arse end in the ditch!?

just imagine your riding your bike down the hiway and you get passed by a rather fancy roadking w/o a rider aboard. after you shake it off that it isn't yor vision has gone bad or mebbe that nasty lunch you had is working its voodoo.. what could have become of its pilot? perhaps he fell asleep and off the bike? mebbe got raptured and this is his last gift to rest of us who dont ascribe to bailing out of airplanes.. do you go chase it and attempt to rescue it.. or just monitor it till it loses momentum and then bites the gravel?

I bought the Voyager to ride it. I think 1,500 miles would be great (if you had a few days). The wife wants to tow the bike to the west coast - I plan on picking her up at the airport.
now thers a man with a plan! not too sure how yor gonna fit all her luggage?
Those fancy travel cases have wheels you could pull it behind?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.